Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 2004 Discovery SE $3,000 (84,000 miles)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Selling my 2004 Discovery SE $3,000 (84,000 miles)

I'll keep this description short since you all know the model well if you're on this forum. I don't have enough space at our house to keep my beloved Disco, wife says I must sell.

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wwxqxmvam...dg_D8HD_VO1XLa

Recently replaced the windshield after it was wrecked at the car wash, as well as new brakes and master cylinder so it would be safe to drive. Now needs a new fuel pump and I can't afford to keep repairing things on it.

It's a great car as you all know. With a little love and some fixing up, could be a great secondary or off-road vehicle. If interested, shoot me a message or just post to this thread.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Drifting

Hello, I am very interested in your 2004 D2 w/ the front end damage; is vehicle in Texas now? what city?
besides needing a fuel pump & the front end repairs what other deficiencies are needed to repair? is it drivable except for the missing front lights?
please let me know asap,

many thanks,

Thomas Madlem

Old 04-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can't just casually mention that your Disco was wrecked at the car wash,.........and then not tell us what in the world happened. Just Sayin. Can you give us some details?

Brian in Austin

Old 04-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Overlanding

Hi Thomas, the vehicle is in Houston, Texas. Below is the VIN if you want to do a Carfax report. It is drivable pending the fuel pump repair, but I'd rather not spend the $750 that the shop wants to charge me.

Just replaced all 4 tires recently, it's in very good condition for a car its age, and I recently spent several thousand dollars fixing all possible air leaks in the engine last year.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Overlanding

@bcolins Haha, just wanted to keep the post brief but here's the basic story. I work in an office building where there is a company that will wash your car for you while you're at work, pretty decent service.

Dropped the car off at about 8 AM, got a call around 11 AM saying they had an accident with my car. Walked down to see that they had run my car into a concrete wall of the parking garage. Guy said his foot slipped off of the brake pedal.

They filed a claim with their insurance, which the insurance company deemed a total loss, since the repair estimate was about $60 above the value of the car, about $6,000. Later found out that this was mostly due to the body shop charging top dollar for every last fee they could think of and all brand new parts for the repair.

I bought the car back from the insurance company because I wanted to fix it up, but we bought a house with a car port and no garage, so it's not exactly practical to work on in the driveway.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dmatranga
@bcolins Haha, just wanted to keep the post brief but here's the basic story. I work in an office building where there is a company that will wash your car for you while you're at work, pretty decent service.

Dropped the car off at about 8 AM, got a call around 11 AM saying they had an accident with my car. Walked down to see that they had run my car into a concrete wall of the parking garage. Guy said his foot slipped off of the brake pedal.

They filed a claim with their insurance, which the insurance company deemed a total loss, since the repair estimate was about $60 above the value of the car, about $6,000. Later found out that this was mostly due to the body shop charging top dollar for every last fee they could think of and all brand new parts for the repair.

I bought the car back from the insurance company because I wanted to fix it up, but we bought a house with a car port and no garage, so it's not exactly practical to work on in the driveway.
Ouch! and only 84K on it. Sorry to hear it. But, sounds like the insurance co. did right by you on it. Check in your area for a Wrench- a -Part. Can probably buy a hood and headlights for $100 and then do an aftermarket bumper. Are the frame rails / bumper mounts bent?

PS: you sent your PM with phone number to me. Thinking you meant to send it to the other party that inquired about it.

Last edited by jafir; 04-11-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts
Default Carfax

I have free reports by plate:

Old 04-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Overlanding

Nice, thanks abran!

Old 04-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,662 Posts

Salvage Title?

Old 04-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Overlanding

The title looks normal to me, original was mailed to me. They say the salvage one is pink right? I think the insurance company forgot to do the paperwork for the salvage stuff, so it should be all good.

I received a few offers and will be making a decision choosing a buyer tomorrow (04-12), so if anyone else is interested please let me know before then. Thanks

Quick Reply: Selling my 2004 Discovery SE $3,000 (84,000 miles)