Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Light NO CODES

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Any of this for the remote battery not working - last part especially:

A Light Emitting Diode (LED) situated in the instrument cluster indicates the condition of the anti-theft system and acts
as a warning to potential thieves that the alarm system is activated.
Input/Output
The LED has a dedicated signal from the BCU to indicate the status of the following:

l
Alarm armed: The LED flashes at 10 Hz with a 50:50 duty cycle for 10 seconds, after which the LED flashes 50
ms on, 2 seconds off until the state of the system changes.
l

Engine immobilised: If the engine is immobilised and the ignition is on, the LED is illuminated continuously. If the
engine is immobilised and the ignition is off, the LED flashes 50 ms on, 2 seconds off.
l

Alarm tampered: If the alarm has been triggered, the LED flashes at 10 Hz with a 50:50 duty cycle.
l

Handset battery low indicator: If the handset battery is low, the driver's door is open and the ignition is switched
off, the LED flashes two pulses of 50 ms on, 50 ms off, every 10 seconds.

Cigar and ignition light - see attached from RAVE

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 key light.pdf (651.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf
d2 cigar.pdf (421.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As part of my "new owner review" I replaced the battery in the key fob about two weeks ago. Was not working when I got it. After fixing all the exterior lights, related or not, it began working and did with out error till today. The alarm functions as it should if I use the key and manually lock, unlock it. The key fob battery is good, and lights as it should but the vehicle does not respond at all. I also do not get the low battery warning when removing the key or manually locking. It seems to just not be receiving the signal.

As for the other lights, I've not done much work on them. There is power to the dome lights, just not enough. With a meter I was even able to verify the voltage ramp down after closing the doors.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

There is a wireless receiver, perhaps it is powered down from some of these other electrical issues.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 AM
4wd Low
Default good news

Well, finally some forward progress. I ripped open the wire bundle under the glove box. Some water dripped out. That was a sign of things to come. Labeled all the wire bundles, and began cutting them and re terminating them. I got two done so far and lights, alarm, AND diagnostic port are now all working. Im getting an error 0304, that I have a hunch is false and will clear after i complete the other bundles. There is a transmission ecu wire or two in there I believe to be the cause.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Which connectors, headers, or modules were (are) wet?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 AM
4wd Low

There are a total of I think 6 connectors in the passenger foot well. More to come. Headers are : C0285, 0286, 0287, 0289, 0290, 0291.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 AM
4wd Low

Having a heck of a time posting pictures..Anyway, I thought I would add that the rave manual did not line up with the actual wires. It was basically upside down and backwards of the actual pin out.

Attached Thumbnails Service Engine Light NO CODES-bundle1.jpg   Service Engine Light NO CODES-bundle2.jpg   Service Engine Light NO CODES-bundle3.jpg   Service Engine Light NO CODES-bundle4.jpg  
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Rock Crawling

Just an important tidbit that I don't believe is outlined in the wiring diagrams, the headers are multiple headers. I believe the wire colors are congruent for the most part but not all pins in the same header are jumpered together. For example C0285 may have two separate sets of pins jumpered - like 1-5 earth and 6-10 CAN-BUS. I hope that makes sense, also the pink wires are the diagnostic communication circuit.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

What made the connectors wet (sun roof leak, AC drain, windshield leak, heater core leak)? Hope that has been resolved also.

Connector diagrams are frequently shown from the opposite direction that you are viewing them from, and the index number or indicator for pin 1 is frequenty so small or something that only a person on the production line would notice.

Wiring harness repairs are very difficult for ham-fisted bubba who just happens to be color blind, or is working in odd colored lighting which makes the wire colors shift. Been there.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
4wd Low

Based on the wire diagram and the connector description each connector was actually a termination for at least 4 sets of wires, for the first two connectors it was all by color, so pretty easy. On to the 3rd (C0287) in the line and nothing is really adding up. The manual and my wires just dont add up. Not real sure what to do, opening it to see the pin out means I HAVE to replace it. I also run the risk, as in the picture, of it being to far gone to figure out the pins. Can't test a bad connector, cant trace wires if the manual is not the same, can't do much of anything but crack it open and hope. This is not fun. To give you an idea, my pin 20 is Purple and Black. Per manual, not only is that color wire not in the right place, I should not have it. (37 All except NAS). Green purple, bound. Purple white, bound. Green brown, bound. All great, its this last bunch that is the issue. Purple brown, purple black, purple, brown slate bound. Mixing colors is fine, when what i have matches what the manual says. It doesn't so I'm not sure what to do. Do I assume the wires should be bound by color, per the manual, is "law"?

Quick Reply: Service Engine Light NO CODES