Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service engine soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service engine soon

I have a 2000 discov II...the "service engine soon" light stays on. Anyone know how to turn it off? Also, does anyone know where the sunroof drains come out under the truck? thanks

Old 05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: service engine soon

check replies on land rover world .org.....i do not know sun roof drains though

Old 05-03-2006, 03:32 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to Pep Boys and get a OBD II scanner, cost from 60$ to 100$
this will tell you why the CEL is on and you can reset it.
The sunroof drains are in the back on each side just aft of the wheel
well, a little hose, or is on a Disco I.
I have rear AC so one may be for that.
Welcome to the Forums.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Three Wheeling

::Service Engine Soon light WILL NOT be cleared by an OBDII scanner, that scanner can ONLY clear the Check Engine light....

Good call on the sun roof drains though, I should go out and check my D1 just so I will know for the future as well....

Old 05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
4wd High

Try resetting by disconnecting the battery, works on most cars. Just remember the security code for your factory radio. If your have one.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 AM
TReK

I'm not sure I understand.
I know that if you do not fix the problem that sets the CEL that it will come back on and the code will stay.
With the problem fixed then OBDII scanner will still not reset the CEL ?
Is that just a certain type of scanner or all you have seen ?
I have a notebook and software for my other car and get a CEL because of a preformance mod and I have had to reset the CEL
with a number of OBD scanners and my notebook and it stays reset for 5000 to 10000 miles.
I have not had a CEL in my Rover yet and have scanned it with the OBDII scanner for readiness status.
I know that Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) light needs a (Testbook Scan Tool) and that is a
Land Rover proprietary tester or you can just pull out the SRI relay and go on no problems.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:51 AM
TReK

I'm not sure I understand.
I know that if you do not fix the problem that sets the CEL that it will come back on and the code will stay.
With the problem fixed then OBDII scanner will still not reset the CEL ?
Is that just a certain type of scanner or all you have seen ?
I have a notebook and software for my other car and get a CEL because of a preformance mod and I have had to reset the CEL
with a number of OBD scanners and my notebook and it stays reset for 5000 to 10000 miles.
I have not had a CEL in my Rover yet and have scanned it with the OBDII scanner for readiness status.
I know that Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) light needs a (Testbook Scan Tool) and that is a
Land Rover proprietary tester or you can just pull out the SRI relay and go on no problems.

Dial up is slow here at shop sorry for the extra post.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sunroof drains in the front fender dogleg and in the rear quater doglegs (a little bit of a pain) got an airgun fixes real easy, next obd2 wont reset with disconnecting battery (do a little homework guys. ) I am thinking maybe fix the problem right, the generic scanners will work if you can decifer the codes it wont do trans brake or body codes. Go to Advanced auto parts and ask for the machine they will loan it to you, clear the codes then drive it tell the light comes back on, then you will know the root problem not a box of codes. Then repair the truck

Old 05-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: e110004

I have a 2000 discov II...the "service engine soon" light stays on. Anyone know how to turn it off? Also, does anyone know where the sunroof drains come out under the truck? thanks
So after all the confusion, do you under stand what you need to do regarding your check engine light, it is on cause you have a problem and will need to be scanned for codes, repaired and then reset with the proper scanner, many scanners won't do a clearing on a Rover.
As for the drain tubes, are you leaking water or what? There are 2 drains holes for each roof that can get plugged up, pretty easy to clean out though.
Mike

Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NHESS81

::Service Engine Soon light WILL NOT be cleared by an OBDII scanner, that scanner can ONLY clear the Check Engine light....

Good call on the sun roof drains though, I should go out and check my D1 just so I will know for the future as well....
D2's have only the one light, get it scanned, if it's emmisions related a obd II scanner should pick it up, if not you need test book (landrover) to check the code and clear...

Quick Reply: service engine soon