Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Showing off the Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Showing off the Disco!

Shes just itching for a lift! VVV

Turns out these lights are actually Illegal in Colorado VVV

Hop on in, Lets take a ride! VVV

I need a new Push bar! VVV

Pair of 12" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers. VVV

I love the shiny wheels! VVV

THANKS FOR LOOKING! Leave your thoughts!

Last edited by skatelove303; 06-18-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see any pics....

Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by salve7
I don't see any pics....
I do, you have some filter on?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I saw that truck recently. It was one of the many little vehicles I wanted to run over with my work truck. Just kidding. Nice looking ride. I really like the sub boxes. Did you build those or have a shop do them?

Are you planning on replacing your bumper? If not I would at least get rid of your lower spoiler where the factory fog lights are. It's pretty much cut it off nice and clean or wait for it to get broken.

Your lights will be illegal in every state. But that doesn't mean on long stretches of deserted highway they aren't nice to have. I use my Hella driving lights all the time when no one else is around to be blinded by them.

Since you're in CO you should definitely join Solihull Society and come out for some of the trail rides. It would be a good opportunity for you to really find out what your truck can do stock so you can decide what mods you really need and what you just want.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That spoiler is pretty dirty, I would like to take it off. It is just bolt on isnt it?

And for the subboxes im not sure who made them. The one owner before it had them installed.

As for the society, I would love to join, But im only 17...I really really want to attend the National Rally in leadville this year!

Plus that i got my permit late, So i still have that permit til august 10. LOL so if i do manage to actually get up to leadville i might have my girlfriend come with me who has a license

Old 06-19-2009, 09:14 PM
TReK

Don't even have a license and you're already breaking things. Kids these days.

The center section of the spoiler unbolts. You'll need to actually cut the bottom of the bumper end caps to get it to look right. If you want to get together some time I'll let you take a look at what I did with my bumper to help you understand a little better what I mean.

I wasn't aware there was an age requirement for membership in Solihull but then again it's been a long time since I have had to worry about such a thing. Now days the only thing I'm too young for is retirement.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally like the row of lights on the bumper. Ak, are you serious that they are illegal in every state? I was planning in doing something like that.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
TReK

You can get away with using them since they are below the level of the factory headlights but if you blind someone with all those lights, even accidentally, you could be held liable. I use my Hellas on the highway at night when no one else is around but I make sure to shut them off as soon as I even think another car is coming at me. All lighting laws apply to use of lights on public roads. If you're looking for more light off road then you can pretty much do what you want.

I know for certain that any lights above the level of the headlights, e.g. lights on a roof rack, are illegal on public roads.