Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since the tranny might be fixed, I move onto the other issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Since the tranny might be fixed, I move onto the other issues...

Ok, I am going to be extremely optimistic and say my transmission is possibly fixed...for now. I have other issues to attend to.

My SLS warning light is on. I know that it needs to be scanned in order to see the code, but there are two questions that come immediately to mind. Where is the scan port? Also, what device is used to scan it? Is this only available at the dealer? My rear suspension has plenty of air in it, and the springs have been holding air just fine, so I know they aren't leaking. The fuse is ok too.

The three amigos. I know this is either the shuttle valves or a hub, but are there simple things I can check before either getting my hands on an ABS amigo or going to the shop? Also, where is the data port for the ABS? When the key is turned to "run" the ABS light comes on before either the TC or HDC lights; do you figure this means anything?

Thanks guys,
Aaron

Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That is all scanned through the OBDII port, and yes, only the dealer can scan those.
You may not have any faults, remember that the truck did have a a major shock to it and it did sit for 4 months with a dead battery.
Check all your brakes for pad and rotor thickness, a did lodged ABS speed sensor can set them off, excessive brake dust, thin pads, to much brake squeal, a bad hub, a bad SLABS unit, a bad wheel sensor, basically anything that is brake related or has anything to do with the brakes.
Pull the wheels, clean the pads and wheel speed sensors and remember that "hard" codes will need to be reset by the dealer...$100.
As for the SLS, if it is working then dont worry about it, have it reset by the dealer.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the sls is part of the abs system. if it sat for a while and then the light came on, it probably just lost its configuration, and needs to be told its a sls car again. but yeah, youre looking at dealer, or at least a good rover shop to read the code. and dont do a hub if thats what youre told, do the sensor, unless your bearing is bad, lots of noise when turning, then you dont need a hub

Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I am going to attempt to put the transmission pan on today. The JB Weld has cured for a couple of days, so I am going to see how the pan wants to fit. Wish me luck...