Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since we are talking about snow...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Since we are talking about snow...

Here in West Michigan we got 10" of snow in 5 hours this moring, made for a not so fun day at work, they didnt even start plowing the main roads until the storm stopped.
Anyway...I saw Hummer's afraid to leave the driveway, pick ups stuck and Jeep after Jeep stuck in the snow.
I still amazes me that not all Jeeps come with four wheel drive, Cherokees, Patriots, Liberty's all stuck in the snow. Wranglers high centered on snow banks in the middle of the street...
I saw a Ford Explorer spinning her rear wheels in a parking lot. I asked her why she didnt put it in four wheel drive, "it doesnt work", this is why push button 4x4 is a joke. Clutches go bad, solenoids go bad...just not as reliable as gears.
And I have said this before and will say it over and over again, the BFGoodrich All Terrain KO's are a crap tire. They look good but that is all they do.

And just so you know AK Rover, I may wind up using my DI for deliveries on Sunday, we are working all weekend and are supposed to get dumped on again with 30mph+ winds Sat night and all day Sunday.
I am not going to spend my Sunday stuck in a van waiting 6 hours for a tow truck.
I am thinking of saving all of my country stuff for Sunday when I can use my Rover.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Since we are talking about snow...

Im jealous.
I want just one big snow storm. All we have gotten the past few years in a couple inches here and there.... I have only gotten to test the rover out twice in the snow (it did amazing) and i reeeeeally want to do it again.

Spike, could you possibly deliver some snow down here in NC???

Old 12-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Let me box some up for you Cam and I'll Express it to you.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toronto got hit with just under 25cm today. Take a look:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_30254.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see some of the pics from earlier today. It's STILL snowing right now too! It took me over an hour just to board my train out of the city, and I was on the damn platform! They couldn't get the doors to close because people were blocking them and didn't want to wait for the next one, it was really insane to be honest.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Team Owner

http://www.woodtv.com/
Middle of the page is user photo's.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a 08 ford f250 sd diesel for a daily rig. the last 2 days that seattle has been hit with snow and ice i have had to leave it home and do my sales calls in my LR. the truck could not get out of the driveway because of ice.

but the LR was unstoppable. jeeps, explorers, etc etc etc all stuck or could not navigate the icy roads. the LR did not stop.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: sloppyjoe

i have a 08 ford f250 sd diesel for a daily rig. the last 2 days that seattle has been hit with snow and ice i have had to leave it home and do my sales calls in my LR. the truck could not get out of the driveway because of ice.

but the LR was unstoppable. jeeps, explorers, etc etc etc all stuck or could not navigate the icy roads. the LR did not stop.

that landy of yours is a sno mobile. what have you got for rubber?
________
Mercedes-benz g-class specifications

Last edited by phatduc; 05-03-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Rock Crawling

Actually I am pretty impressed with my Bfgoodridge A/t. I have been going up and down my very steep driveway with 11 inches of snow with no problem.

Willie

Old 12-20-2008, 02:07 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: phatduc

ORIGINAL: sloppyjoe

that landy of yours is a sno mobile. what have you got for rubber?

Falken S/TZ04 's

not really reviewed well for ice or snow performance, but so far as you have seen i have had no issue in the mountains or around town in the snow and ice.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

jealous jealous and even more jealous!!! [:@]

Quick Reply: Since we are talking about snow...