Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smashed front driver's side window

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smashed front driver's side window

What an awesome day I've had. I stayed home because I was feeling under the weather and went to the garage of my apt building to take the trash out. I walked by my DII only to find the front driver's side window smashed in and my gps and iPod were stolen. My mountain bike was also stolen which was locked to some pipes on the wall. The alarm was armed after I parked it Tues. night and is still flashing red. How long will the alarm sound in the event of a break in? I assume it would turn itself off at some point so as to not kill the battery. I'll never know when exactly the breakin occured, but was hoping to get a little more info on the alarm system. Now what little money I have saved up to get my lift has to go towards the insurance deductible(s).

Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Smashed front driver's side window

Bummer, hate to hear of that happening.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The alarm only goes off if one of the doors or the hood is opened. They smashed your windo, reached in and never opened a door. I'mbet it was still locked too.
Hate to say it but NEVER leave anything in a car that you cannot replace. Cars are just way to easy to break into.
A ball point pen will shatter a side window if pressed in the right spot.
If you have comrehesnive you shouldnt have to pay the deductible, it was nothing that you did.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Mudding

That's horrible, I hate hearing of this kind of thing happening. Good luck with the deducts.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks everyone. Spike555, thanks for the info. That makes sense if it happened this morning and I didn't hear anything. I'm just glad RoverFlo is still sitting in the garage right now.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Ya know...it would be worth someone doing that to my truckif I could catch 'em in the act.[:@]

Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Mudding

Disco2Guy,

You're right, a broken window is far better than an empty parking space. Do you have renters insurance at your apt? It functions just like a homeowners policy and it will cover your vehicle. It's a good idea to get renters insurance and it's dirt cheap. I have a 100K policy with a $1000 deductible and I pay $28 a month AND since I have my car insurance with the same company, I get a discount on my car insurance for being a multiple policy holder. The discount amounts to about $5 savings a month, which isn't much. But hey, it's something right?

-W

Old 01-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Hey Wesk. I do have renters insurance through the same company as my auto insurance. Since the mountain bike, GPS, and iPod are covered under renter's and the broken window under the auto I'm getting a double whammy with the deductibles.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought there was a cabin sensor in the dome light on the D2???? I am away from my manual this weekend, but would swear I remember hearing that somewhere....

Sorry to hear about you loss.... Check Craigslist and e-bay for used windows. They come up from time to time and aren't that hard to replace... Might be less than your deductible and won't raise your premiums...

Old 01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check ebay for a window it will prob save some $$

Quick Reply: Smashed front driver's side window