Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, off topic thread: guns

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede
Bottom line is we live in a world with a bunch of paranoid retards.
Well not really. What would your reaction be be if the President said he would possibly ban/raise taxes on car parts?? Or anything that's your hobby for that matter. Now, the people you mentioned shooting cops are just stupid, there is no excuse for that. But people are buying ammo and guns rapidly because of the threat that their hobby (shooting, hunting, ect ect) is possibly under fire (no pun intended). I dont see how its not understandable. I do not think Obama is "so liberal" that he would ban guns or the right to bear arms, I couldnt imagine the backlash he would get, and Im sure he's aware of that. But the fact he considered it, and expressed his beliefs on gun control, its clear why people are worried.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use to just think of gun ownership as a hobby too, but it's actually much more than that. Our 2nd amendment right is our most important, without it all our other rights are meaningless.

1 year free NRA membership
http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just filled out the papers on a colt custom shop raw stainless 1911 a couple weeks ago... then i had to hire an attorney to sort out child support and visitation for my son... so i never got to go get the gun

but i have had a hi point .40 for about 3 years now and its never given me any problems... its heavy but effective

Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Well not really. What would your reaction be be if the President said he would possibly ban/raise taxes on car parts?? Or anything that's your hobby for that matter. Now, the people you mentioned shooting cops are just stupid, there is no excuse for that. But people are buying ammo and guns rapidly because of the threat that their hobby (shooting, hunting, ect ect) is possibly under fire (no pun intended). I dont see how its not understandable. I do not think Obama is "so liberal" that he would ban guns or the right to bear arms, I couldnt imagine the backlash he would get, and Im sure he's aware of that. But the fact he considered it, and expressed his beliefs on gun control, its clear why people are worried.

What would my reaction be if the President said he would POSSIBLY ban/raise taxes on my favourite hobby? My reaction would be pretty much as it always is - a roll of the eyes at the political driven speak of politicians. THAT's IT. I've been around long enough to see their game, and know enough to understand that such things seldom end up resembling all the drivel that the paranoid folks that run around screaming the sky is falling claim they will be. I react to facts and reality, NOT to politically driven bluster. I clearly remember all the folks running around saying it was the end to freedom when the last President made some retarded statements re: potential travel restrictions. And while travel has certainly become more of a hassle due to a lot of silly crap that was put in place after the populace was succesfully driven to be overly frieghtened of some terrorist boogey men - the fact is that I'm still able to freely travel anywhere I see fit. So I'll react to all this nonsense now just the same way I reacted to all that other nonsense just a short half decade ago - with not a bit of worry that anything will end up being much different than it currently is.

I'd bet the farm that in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Ammo will be every bit as available as it is today - May 5th, 2009 (if not more so). So that makes the folks that are running around crying the sky is falling right now, and buying up and absurd amount of ammo beyond their needs, - paranoid retards.... You see their reaction as reasonable. Based on the current FACTS as we know them to be in the current REALITY, I see it as paranoid.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Night Train
MMMM.... Hussein also stated on so many occasions that he would not raise taxes on people that make under 250K a year. However the feds just raised the tax on smokes by $1.00 a pack.

Strange...I happen to know people that make less than 250K a year and smoke!

Also - Shootin Irons....manipulation of ammo costs is...gun control!

H&K makes some fine irons their ergonomics in the grips are better than most - its a good first gun for girls in small caliber and frame (the gun not the girl...get outa the gutter) Glocks are very safe and dependable and you dont have to dank around with cocking this and decocking that...a small frame wheel (revolver) is a good choice also...it will mainly boil down to preference - get what comfortable in your hand with the ability to target a second round with moderate ease.

Just my opinion...a 40 is only 1.16 mm larger in bore than a 9mm (9mm is a common round) if you want to make a step up from a 9mm get a 45. You must change someones latitude before their attitude changes.

As with most cities the crime rate is going up expedientially to the downfall of the economy and home break ins (with residents at home) are climbing at a scary rate....why you ask....do you not read or hear about it more often? Its bad for business to report shoppers at the mall were mugged or someone was followed home from the pharmacy then robbed of their medications....
Screw the 45. If you want to step up from a 9mm or 40 short and wimpy go to a 10mm. 10mm has much better ballistics than a 45 and you can get "FBI" loads that have the same velocity and recoil of the 40 short and wimpy. I switched from carrying a 44 mag while fishing in bear country (aka Alaska, the entire state) to carrying the 10mm. 10mm will penetrate better than a 45 ACP (not a 45 Long Colt) and I carry 15 in the mag and 1 in the chamber.

For a new handgun shooter I recommend a 357 mag revolver. Start by shooting 38 specials until you get comfortable then move to the 357 mag rounds. Revolvers tend to be less complicated therefore are easier for new shooters, particularly in stressful situation.

I reload my own ammunition also and have enough supplies to last a long time. It's a lot cheaper per round to reload and I can tailor the loads to the job.

Last edited by AK Rover; 05-05-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AK

Didja notice I didn't say what I carry? Anyways - well said specially the 357 part and you didn't even use any derogatory names like some others here.

To add - Hussein also said the Top Three (auto makers) are to big to let fail? Correct me if I'm wrong here but aint Chrysler bankrupt NOW!!!! After taking what 16-22 billion in tax dollars.

Everybody thats working - work harder, 60% of the people that voted the new guy in need YOUR money.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM
TReK
Cool

[QUOTE=Suede;114696]

I'd bet the farm that in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Ammo will be every bit as available as it is today - May 5th, 2009 (if not more so). [QUOTE]

You're right! It will be a second term policy, because there is no WAY he would get re-elected if he took away gun rights in the first term!! EVERYONE SAVE YOURSELF, STOCKPILE NOW!

haha just messin' with you. I would add more but this is a LR forum so I will restrain myself.

(But I like you rarly trust politicians, but Obama is so unknown with such little record, I am slightly "paraniod" about him. But so far "Change" has translated into same ol' same ol' so I am becoming less and less worried)

Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
why the shortage on ammo???

well because of this countries general and overall paranoia that pres. obama has nothing better to do then worry about guns,,, which he has plainly stated is NOT his biggest fish to fry.

i am a fairly liberal kind of guy, BUT i am also a gun owner and always have been.

for a first timer i would point you to something simple and effective,,, 9MM glock.

not a complicated gun. 9mm is easy and cheap ammo to buy.
This is 100% correct, he does not care about banning guns, it will NOT ever happen, EVER.
If they were ever to try we would have another revolution and they damn well know it, and I would be one of the ones fighting for my right to own a gun.
I also own guns and I have a conceal and carry permit.
You guys need to be more worried about the Partiot Act, that is infringing on your rights WAY more than any anti gun lobby, and lobbying has been banned...to a point any way.
You guys worry about gun control but dont care that the government can seize your bank account and throw you in jail with no just cause if they think that you are a terrorist are even talking to a terrorist, and they can hold you for as long as they want, with no reason, no proof, nothing.
THAT does not bother you but somebody at the water cooler saying maybe they might ban guns you have to buy all the ammo and build a under ground shelter?
Every oversea's phone call you make is recorded and listened to, every oversea's e-mail, every over sea's Sykpe, any thing that is deamed "suspicous" is monitered, you, a American citizen is being monitered, just like the KGB did in the Soviet Union, but that does not bother you?
You are crazy. Drink the Koolaid already.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just for the record I have not purchased any guns or ammo recently. However, I have considered purchasing both...so I guess I'm not one of those "paranoid retards" yet.

If you think your gun rights can not be taken away then you need a history lesson. Just look at what happened to Australians in 1996.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
You guys need to be more worried about the Partiot Act, that is infringing on your rights WAY more than any anti gun lobby, and lobbying has been banned...to a point any way.
You guys worry about gun control but dont care that the government can seize your bank account and throw you in jail with no just cause if they think that you are a terrorist are even talking to a terrorist, and they can hold you for as long as they want, with no reason, no proof, nothing.
THAT does not bother you but somebody at the water cooler saying maybe they might ban guns you have to buy all the ammo and build a under ground shelter?
Every oversea's phone call you make is recorded and listened to, every oversea's e-mail, every over sea's Sykpe, any thing that is deamed "suspicous" is monitered, you, a American citizen is being monitered, just like the KGB did in the Soviet Union, but that does not bother you?
You are crazy. Drink the Koolaid already.
Dont associate with Terroists.
Problem. Solved.

That being said, I 100% agree it is somewhat erodes the nation`s system of checks and balances, so there is a slight issue with it. But with all the government officials saying its needed to fight to war on terror, I think i'll let them go through with it. I'd rather be safe than watch more people get flown into buildings again. Besides, the less restrictions the government has, the easier it is to find the guilty. Spike, if you are innocent of crimes then you shouldn't be afraid that the authority COULD be listening in on you. You might be concerned that this power can be used for other reasons than security, but it is unlikely. I might be foolish for trusting the government to do only what is needed, but I do not think Washington cares about my personal beliefs or what my personal life is like. So long as they do not feel you are a treat no one will bother you.

good lord. I just cant hold back. My political quota is filled, all LR stuff from here on out! I'll try real hard!

Quick Reply: Sorry, off topic thread: guns