Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, off topic thread: guns

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 AM
mh
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.40 and 9mm are nice, but .357 sig is a better round. A bit on the pricey side, though, since we are talking about the price of ammo... It is not as cheap as the box of .22 longs. Ammo has been going up for years, Thing is, it is like gas, everybody gets spooked, it goes up. When everybody is no longer spooked, because sellers no know how much they can get, the price never goes back to what it was.

Will there be a strong attack on the 2nd? Probably, but remember, the pres only signs the legisltation, congress writes it...

Old 05-07-2009, 08:37 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

.357 Sig is a 40 case necked down to 9mm. It started out as a wildcat cartridge like most do and has been slowly accepted by the main stream firearm and ammo makers. I've never fired a .357 Sig but I know it has impressive ballistics for a 9mm round.

Double Tap Ammo makes a 9x25 Dillon round that is a 10mm case necked down to 9mm. 125 grain bullet moving at 1700 fps out of a standard Glock 20 barrel (4.6").

Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GUYS GUYS GUYS,,, K.I.S.S

keep it simple stupid,,,

for the average first time or occasional shooter there is no need to buy a weapon that fires a round that is either exotic, hard to find, or expensive.

the average guy does not care about ballistics, trajectory, etc. he wants a reliable and easy to care for gun first and foremost. secondly in a chamber that is easy to shoot and NOT going to scare him/herself and make shooting not fun.

they want something that they feel they can shoot fruit with in the woods or old cans and NOT spend a fortune on ammo because they chose to purchase something on the odd side of things.

keep it simple.

.357 mag
9mm
.44 mag

there are 7 handgun rounds that you can find in EVERY shop and have been around FOREVER and will NEVER go out of production.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

Old 05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

taurus judge...

ultimate for home invasion defense...

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Mudding

GUN CONTROL = SWINE FLU

Yet another marketing and fear mongering tool used by either those in power or those who want power to manipulate the masses.

If you've been posting on that side of the issue, you need to seriously consider that you've been had. Suckered. Bamboozled. You've are only gullible because you haven't taken the time to inform yourself. Worse, you are causing others to fall for it too.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rrhyne
GUN CONTROL = SWINE FLU

Yet another marketing and fear mongering tool used by either those in power or those who want power to manipulate the masses.

If you've been posting on that side of the issue, you need to seriously consider that you've been had. Suckered. Bamboozled. You've are only gullible because you haven't taken the time to inform yourself. Worse, you are causing others to fall for it too.
Just for the sake of argument let's say you are correct, which you aren't. If people have taken the time to inform themselves and gained a deeper understanding of the issues and the constitution what have they lost? Just some of their time. However, if gun rights are under attack and people do nothing..what have they lost? Everything.

sorry, but your left coast BS does not work on the majority of the country.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GUN CONTROL = SWINE FLU

Three years ago I went to a gun show with a buddy. I was looking very forward to talking to a few NRA officials. I figured if anyone would agree with my desire to repeal all gun control laws, then they'd be on board. So i told them I wanted help in getting a permit to rig up my own home protection system. But Nooooo. They didn't want to help me. I told them I wanted to set up one of these pods on 4 poles surrounding the perimeter of my house;

And rig them to an OPII robotic controller tied to heat sensors and motion detectors. They wanted no part of it. I asked them why, and they said that these guns were forbidden. I said "but that's gun control". I still got no love. I said "But YOU guys are against gun control. I'm a law abiding citizen, why won't you help me set up an effective tresspass deterrent system for my home?" Still, none would touch it. One asked what would happen if a police officer wanted to pay me a visit? I replied "the same thing that would happen to ANY other univited tresspasser" . I have no desire to design a deterrent that descriminates between tresspassers. A tresspasser is an univited guest I don't desire to have on my property.

Now you know things have gone all FUBAR when you can't even get the NRA to work with ya to rid the country of gun control. Hell, with every question i asked em, just about the only answer i could get out of them was their support of more gun control to prevent me from setting up my perfectly capable tresspass deterrent system. Just don't know who ya can count on anymore. Really chaps my hide...

Last edited by Suede; 05-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shortage on ammo? whenever I go to gander mountain there's stacks of it..

Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
Just for the sake of argument let's say you are correct, which you aren't. If people have taken the time to inform themselves and gained a deeper understanding of the issues and the constitution what have they lost? Just some of their time. However, if gun rights are under attack and people do nothing..what have they lost? Everything.

sorry, but your left coast BS does not work on the majority of the country.
I have 29 years on the right coast, 5 on the left, and I'm a gun owner and shooter. I'm just not a tool that believes the lobbys and marketing of gun companies like yourself.

You people (by 'you people' I mean racists who attempt to use Obama's middle name like a slur) lost the election. Lots of stuff is going to happen you won't agree with. It's called being a looser. After living through the 8 years you helped put the rest of the world through, I want to tell you...

Get used to it, it's SUPPOSED to taste like a dookie sandwich.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 29 years on the right coast, 5 on the left, and I'm a gun owner and shooter. I'm just not a tool that believes the lobbys and marketing of gun companies like yourself.

You people (by 'you people' I mean racists who attempt to use Obama's middle name like a slur) lost the election. Lots of stuff is going to happen you won't agree with. It's called being a looser. After living through the 8 years you helped put the rest of the world through, I want to tell you...

Get used to it, it's SUPPOSED to taste like a dookie sandwich.
Nods in agreement. but to be fair, these folks are in the EXACT same type of denial that the folks who cried "Everything was Bush's fault" before them. I listened to 8 years of folks in denial say "Those hill billies are really the minority and it's just that enough of the majority didn't vote". As a person who travels ALL areas of this country extensively, i can say without a doubt, that simply is NOT the case. This country is pretty evenly split at the moment. It's about 20% devout right wingers, and 20 % devout left wingers, and a 60% majority who don't see the world primarily through the lens of the dogma trying to be shoved down their throat by political parties. But what both the hardcore left and right wingers have in common is the complete denial they are in about the fact that the MAJORITY of folks are NOT as brainwashed as they choose to be. MOST folks just could give a **** about being led around by the nose by political lobbies. Bush and Obama are 85% the same and 15% different. The same could be said of all politicians. Unfortunately some have sipped so much of the kooaid on both sides of the aisle that they can't see something that is as clearly simple as this. Their politicians ffs....

Quick Reply: Sorry, off topic thread: guns