Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug & Wire Set Replace

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug & Wire Set Replace

I went to repace my plugs last night and ran into issue starting with #2 plug. Took it out and can't get it a new one or the one I took out back. Can't even get one thread in.

The big issue came with I gave up and tried the rest on that side. 6 and 4 were no issues but 8, I was having problems getting the plug wire off and then ended up pulling the wire apart. Not finding the proper way to replace the wires in the RAVE manal.

Found the thread on how to repalce wires without IM removal, NICE, but my #2 plug replace is killing me.

Anybody in the greater Savannah (Rincon / Guyton) want to help?

Forgot to mention, it's my daily driver.

Rankin
865-441-0771

Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How old are your wires?? The separation of the crimp connector to the wire might be telling you something. Happened to me recently when changing plugs, part of the wire was still in the crimp. I was able to slice the boot off with an Exacto knife and recrimp the wire to the connector. Short term fix for me as I was planning on changing the wires anyway.

I pulled the upper manifold to replace my wires as I have SAI which is stupid and takes up too much room.

Any little amount of debris could pose a problem for restarting the plug. Make sure nothing is stuck in the threads. I hope the engine was cold when you started the plug change.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wires are 4 years old. It was my fault it broke, I was pulling the wire not just the cap. Not sure if can splice it since the cap pulled away from wire.

Regarding the engine temp, it was warm. 1-2 hours after I got home driving it. Removed the plug and immediately tried to put the new one in. Is there any method to get a plug back in?