Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Sensor - 3 Amigos

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor - 3 Amigos

Hey Guys,

So currently trying to work out the majority of the bugs in my 2004 SE7 and the big one is the 3 amigos. I have a mechanic I am working with right now who is doing my readings for me and we have found that the rear passenger side speed sensor is throwing bad figures causing the computer to freak. The old speed sensor was going on the fritz and the bearing in the hub was shot so I did a full replacement of the hub w/sensor from Rovers North via proline and it then threw the three amigos consistently so we tested the sensor with an ohm meter and the intensity and pattern is way lower than the rest of the speed sensors.

So... called up Rovers North told them what was going on and they supplied an "updated" sensor FOC. Great right? Not so much. Put in the updated sensor and its still throwing way lower intensity and when we switch the rear left with the rear right the rear right still malfunctions and the rear left still works, so its got to be down the sensor according to common sense and the codes.

Now Rovers North is considering whether they just are going to send me an OE sensor, but until then my rover is off the road for a week now and its really racking up the costs with the mechanic. Any help please? really desperate to get this problem behind me and confused as hell.

Thanks

Last edited by northernlilywhite; 12-22-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

not sure about what intensity and pattern refers to, but the spec for the resistance of the sensors is:

ABS sensor 950 - 1100 ohms

Is that what you got?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah resistance intensity is what I was referring to and the pattern was the graph put out by the resistance.

I am getting normal readings in that range for 3 out of 4 of the sensors but the new passenger rear wheel sensor just isnt giving me those readings regardless of whether it is mounted on the left or right rear. I had a proline sensor on it first then an "upgraded" proline sensor.