Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stereo static

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo static

I had my heated windshield replaced a couple weeks ago. Now the stereo has static and poor radio reception. Can the new problem be related to the replacement?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes, yes it can.
They may not have hooked the radio antenna back up when they removed the windshield.
I think that the antenna is in the windshield.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear
Default stereo static

Thank you Spike555, you were exactly right. The hard part was getting the problem fixed.
Within 2 weeks of the original repair, I had contacted the dealer who replaced the windshield and they said there was no way the replacement would interfere with the stereo. I contacted LR customer service and the dealer eventually agreed to check it. When I brought the truck in, they denied hearing the static. WHen I suggested they have the receptionist listen, the manager relented that there was static. After 3 hours, they said there was no problem resulting from the windshield. LR customer service said if another dealer located the problem the original dealer in Westchester would pay for the repair.
I had to take a day off to go to another dealer. They looked at it for 10 minutes and fixed the problem. I contacted LR customer service to get the repair paid for. After 6 hours of waiting, they told me to pay and I would be reimbursed. 3 weeks and 4 phone calls later, I finally received partial reimbursement from the original dealer. I spent an extra $500 to have the repair done at the dealer; they wasted three days and could not fix their mistake; only issued partial reimbursement and no apology. This is why I will never use that dealer again. BTW, the dealer that fixed the problem (NJ) could not have been nicer or more efficient.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It is all in the dealership. Not all dealers are bad. I love that we have a great dealer here, and would suggest them to anyone near Tulsa.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:30 AM
4wd Low

I just purchased my Disco and hear the same staic. I just thought the head unit and speakers were crappy and was planning on replacing them. Can i just pull the head unit out and check to see if the antenna is connected or is it more involved than that?