Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Sticky on Land Rover Discovery Parts Sources

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
The other factor to consider is not only the price but the quality and where it is made. As an example, the first reply mentioned a great deal on a D2 radiator with a lifetime warranty for around $158 that weighs around 12 pounds and yet I ordered from from BPoU, made in the UK that costs $280 and weighs 19 pounds. Where is the difference found, in the quality so I would rather buy a better built radiator with more aluminum in it then a cheap spin off made who knows where at 1/2 the price, cause you do get what you pay for.
So spend some time researching what you are buying, don't go for the cheapest price out there.
A 7lb difference is a massive amount of aluminum.

Is that UK made one a 3 row in a 2 row chassis? Maybe an additional 7lb's in shipping weight? I find it hard to believe that two different 2 core radiators can have a 7lb difference in aluminum content and still be equally as effective, but since I have the Genesis Auto Parts radiator currently installed, I'll be keeping an close eye on it.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

It just happened that I have a new one, made in Scotland that I ordered recently and after reading that reply earlier, I weighed mine and it came out just short of 19 pounds out of the box, and it is a 2 row built to the exact same size as my old one, all I can figure is they use more aluminum to disipate the heat faster.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

It just happened that I have a new one, made in Scotland that I ordered recently and after reading that reply earlier, I weighed mine and it came out just short of 19 pounds out of the box, and it is a 2 row built to the exact same size as my old one, all I can figure is they use more aluminum to disipate the heat faster.
Was your old one the original from 1999, or has it been replaced before?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always look at Atlantic British and British Pacific first.

I know that I will get my part in a timely manner and there wont be any screw ups...

Dealing with the back-yard parts dealers can be a real pain. Don't want to get into mentioning names but if you don't want to wait or CANT wait for a part go with AB BP.

Used parts - Paul Grant

Old 10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Can you snap a pic of the cooling fins?

The weight of a radiator by itself isn't what dissipates heat, but the effective surface area does. If the cooling fins are more densely spaced, it would increase the effective surface area and cooling capacity of the radiator. If they are much denser than the GAP version, that would explain the weight.

The next question would be whether or not the difference will impact cooling performance when offroading during summer, challenging trails, high altitudes, etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aguison
1. Atlantic British
2. BP of Utah
3. Auto Parts Warehouse
4. Rockauto.com
5. Geek Parts
6. LR Rover Parts
7. Genesis Auto Parts
8. autohausaz.com
9. RovahFarm for all your new Land Rover Parts and Accessories
10. britishpacific.co
11. Rovers North
12. British pacific
13. safari hp
14. Lucky 8
15. RTE fab
16. GBR performance
17. British parts northwest
I just stopped by here earlier today here in Oklahoma City, OK.

Rover Cannibal
Used Range Rover Parts : Land Rover Replacement Discovery Parts

Not sure how much square footage they are in, but it's pretty big and on 2 floors. They had pretty much everything for D1's and D2's. The guy showed me around the whole place. Seats galore, wheels, tires, stereos, gauge clusters, everything. There were quite a few Disco's in the dismantling state...there were complete bodies, headliners, glass, doors, transfercasses, tranmissions, complete engines, front/rear axles, the list goes on. They ship worldwide.

I stopped there to pick up some LR center caps for my wheels, and to check and see if they had a D2 grille.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any body else tried "Rover Parts West"? I'd order 4 items on 5/22 and got my credit card company deducted notice on 5/31 and no further shipping information from then....... Any suggestion?

Last edited by Tony2012Discovery; 06-24-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: need suggestion
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony2012Discovery
Does any body else tried "Rover Parts West"? I'd order 4 items on 5/22 and got my credit card company deducted notice on 5/31 and no further shipping information from then....... Any suggestion?
Rover Parts West is actually a Land Rover dealership, with a side parts business. While I've obviously never purchased from them, they seem legitimate.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean "Rover Parts West" is part of "Findlay automotive group" (also Las Vegas Land Rover dealer)? How come such a company allow this thing happen!?

Any suggestion to push them sent out my stuff?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

I suspect that shipping to Taipei may have certain delays. Always ask. Seems like their would be parts sources closer.

Quick Reply: A Sticky on Land Rover Discovery Parts Sources