Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Rims

I have a 2001 Discovery II SE, does anyone know the exact bolt pattern? I want new rims for offroading and i need to know the bolt pattern. The rims that are on here now suck, they are i think 18's, too big for off road tires. i am looking for a 15 or 16 inch rim so i can put some 31's or 33's Bf Goodwrich all terrains.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Stupid Rims

While don't you just post your wheels in one on the Rover Classified sections and trade them out with someone who has some 16's .
The bolt patter is 5 on 120mm. There are very few aftermarket wheels that will fit with the correct offset and stud size.
Mike

Old 04-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

While don't you just post your wheels in one on the Rover Classified sections and trade them out with someone who has some 16's .
The bolt patter is 5 on 120mm. There are very few aftermarket wheels that will fit with the correct offset and stud size.
Mike

yea i am finding it hard to find all the parts i want. i have been looking through the links you have been posting for other people and they have helped a lot. I didn't know there was a classified section, i will definitely check it out.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Three Wheeling

Steve, I'd entertain Disco Mike's idea about a swap. My 2000 Disco sees very little trail use so there probably wouldn't be too many occasions where I'd really miss the 16's (other than maybe spending less on tires). I need new rubber but it sounds like you'd be scrapping the tires anyway.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you check out some of thesalvage places that specialize in Rovers. Although for the reasonsMike mentioned (few aftermarketoptions), you may still get hit pretty hard for used wheels.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

I have seen a couple sets of factory 16' wheels just today if you are interested.
Mike

Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Mudding

I just went outside and measured my rims and they are 19 1/2 inches from edge to edge...but the door says 18. idk. i have to run into town and will be back later. If Bodgenz was asking to trade i might take him up on that. i'll post later with some pics and specs on the tires.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Three Wheeling

Yeah, Steve, I'd probably consider it assumingyours areOEM Rover wheels. If they are, in fact 19's, that might be a little bigger than I'd want to go.....so let me know what you find on the spec. The size of your tires may be the best way to get to the bottom of that.

Mine are the "standard" Disco 16's (2000). All 5 (w/spare) are in pretty decent shape. They've got Wrangler HP's on them but, again, they're past due for replacement. That being the case, the timing would probably work for both of us.

I'll be offline for a little while but will try to catch up on this post later this evening.

I'd be shipping from MA, by the way.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Rock Crawling

Look at the side of your tires for a series of numbers IE: 255/55R18

The last number is the size of your rim.

The other numbers are:
255 width (255 mm)
55 aspect ratio (sidewall is 55% of the width)
R means it's a radial tire
18 is diameter of the rim in inches.
If there is a P in front of the number they are passenger car tires.
If there is an LT in front of the tires they are light truck tires and can be inflated 10PSI beyond normal to carry heavier loads.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Mudding

MA? Maine or Mass? Either way thats along way from alabama... i'd have to go a couple of days with my rover on blocks... I just got back from town and its 2:37 so i guess i'll get on tomorrow and we can talk more.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: bamarover

I just went outside and measured my rims and they are 19 1/2 inches from edge to edge...but the door says 18. idk. i have to run into town and will be back later. If Bodgenz was asking to trade i might take him up on that. i'll post later with some pics and specs on the tires.
They are 18", which is the diameter of inside tire seat, and of course, the external lip diameter that you measuredwill be larger.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: Stupid Rims