Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof

every time i open the sunroof it pops like it has a hard time opening. any fixes anybody? both of them are like that. help.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: sunroof

Start doing your yearly service on them and clean and lube the parts before you breake them.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Open it them, take a Q-tip and clean the tracks, then use a tube of white lithium grease on a Q-tip and re-lube the tracks.
I just dont open mine. Mess's up my hair.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Three Wheeling

i have cleaned the tracks and also lubed them up.but they still have a pop to them when they first start to open.i think its a piece in the inside of the track like a small roller that has worn out and when the roof is closed all the way it is going down to far and its kinda getting stuck on the track and then it pops open.so what i did is placed a small rubber o ring on each side on top of the track towards the rear so when the sunroof is closing it will meet with the o rings stopping it from going down to far.i know this is not the solution but it works,for now until i figure out where to order the part i need if they sell it separately.i would guess it would have to come from land rover dealership.any other ideas would be much appreciated. we bought this vehicle not even a year ago and my wife wants everything perfect on it.previous owners didn't maintain service to well on the rover.i am just trying to get things right.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Team Owner

You wont beable to buy those rollers, you will have to buy a whole new sunroof and that is like 8 million dollars.
If you can remove one of those rollers maybe you can find new rollers at True Value or someplace like that.
It all comes down to how badly do you want to open the sunroof.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Mr. O- stupid's wife speaking I want everything functioning properly and no parts missing or not working. As to Not open/use them is not an option. I still open the sunroof now and it is winter time. I have OCD. (obsessive compulsive disorder) They work alot better than they did when we bought the vehicle with what Dave has done to them but they are not 100%. Mr. O we have replaced a cap on the bolt holding the wiper blade on, we have replaced a cap on the bolt holding the armrest on. It has to be. Dave still needs to replace a bulb on the passenger side temperature selector (burnt out) just havent gotten around to it yet. And also something missing on the back of the center console- a rectangular hole for something. I don't know what was there cannot figure it out- Ashtray? I'm not sure what is to be there. Its a rather large opening. I would say it is approximately the size of this box that I am typing in. Do you know what it is that is to be there?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Team Owner

Nothing wrong with wanting your car 100%.
I do not know what goes into the back of your center console, mine has a ash tray.
I weigh the cost benefit of something when it breaks. And opening sun roofs are not important to me. They would be nice, but not worth the $1500, at least not to me.
As it is I have to wear a hat in the summer while driving my truck.