Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroofs and rails...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Sunroofs and rails...

Ok, I need to know if all Discovery's came with roof rails or just the ones with sunroofs.
This goes for both DI's and DII's.
So what does your truck have?

Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

all came with rails

Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Team Owner

Thank you, thats what I needed to know.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know, the DI and DII sunroof assemblies are interchangeable.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 AM
AAP
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert, but I'm not so sure that they all came with roof rails. When I bought mine, my brother asked if it had them, and I said, yes, they all do. He said he had seen some without. I figured someone had just removed them. Then, I recently saw a diagram (maybe in the Rave manual?) which shows possible roof configurations, and there was a version without roof rails. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

I needed to know for the roof rack.
If the truck it is on does not have sunroofs and no rails then it wont fit onto my truck.
But since all Disco's have the rails then it does not matter.
If it is a low profile rack and I cant use the sun roofs so what, I never open them anyway.
But I needed to know because of the roof rails.

Thanks for every ones help.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AAP
I'm no expert, but I'm not so sure that they all came with roof rails. When I bought mine, my brother asked if it had them, and I said, yes, they all do. He said he had seen some without. I figured someone had just removed them. Then, I recently saw a diagram (maybe in the Rave manual?) which shows possible roof configurations, and there was a version without roof rails. I'll see if I can dig it up again.
Oh man your killin' me!!
I was looking last night on e-bay motors and Edmunds.com at Disco's and they all had the rails.
Then I posted the question because thats what I thought too, most did but not all.
Looking at the pic's of the roof rack sights you cannot tell if the truck has the rails for not.
And the ones that had sunroofs had the high profile roof rack so they could still use the sunroofs.
Expedition Exchange says that you must use a high profile one with you have sunroofs.
So I am confused.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Team Owner
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
AAP
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, karmically speaking, I'm paying the forum back for all the free info you guys have posted up by scrolling through 1000+ pages looking for that diagram.

Search the Rave Disco II Workshop Manual for "77-2-11". Assuming your pages are numbered exactly like mine, then it is page # 1078 of the PDF. Unless I'm reading the diagram incorrectly, these were the possible roof panel configurations. Looks to have been available without roof rails for models with and without sunroofs.

I don't know if this helps with your rack issue, but it does answer your original question.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

they removed the rails for the lo-pro rack... find me a disco in north america without roof rails and i bet they were removed, not sold without.

as for that page in the rave, it is showing replacement panels that is not the panels that were installed from the factory. so if you wanted to remove the rails you could get a new roof fitted without the rail holes if you wanted. but it wasnt an option from the showroom.

Quick Reply: Sunroofs and rails...