Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Unlock?

It appears my wifes recently purchased 2004 Disco II will Super Lock but not exit that mode. Drivers door lock will respond to key lock/unlock, but none of the other doors will. I am aware that two twists to the right of the driver door lock activates Super Lock but what deactivates it? This has happened a few times in the past few months, and each time it mysteriously returned to "normal" mode. It may have been a timer thing or my wife simply hit a few buttons and switches in the right order to deactivate the system. Regardless, it goes on and off some how. She received one un programed key with the car which required a new battery in the fob, no security code tag, and no owners manuals. The fob is not programmed, as it blinks once, pauses, and then blinks non-stop. I know that a trip to the LR dealer will fix these problems with reprograming of this and replacing of that, but is there something that I can do first.
BTW. This is our first experience with a Discovery, and aside from its few small quirks, this is one awesome vehicle.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Winching
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

From the Owner's Handbook in the Rave:
Provided all the doors are fully closed;
Superlocking is activated by pressing the
handset lock button twice within one second or
turning the door lock to the lock position with
the key twice within one second.

The direction indicator lights will flash three
times after superlocking has been activated and
once after superlocking has been de-activated.
It sounds as if the same action actives and de-actives Superlocking.

Also there was just a post about people using an aftermarket programmer to program new key fobs:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-worked-74771/

Last edited by robert.juric; 10-04-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi from across the pond! At least you have a fob! My old Discovery MK1 doesn't. When I bought it the seller said "The fob went wrong so we just used the key". All seeemed OK at the start apart from the high fuel consumption and it would appear that the injection pump has been adjusted to give the vehicle white-van-man speeds. Owing to the high thirst, the vehicle was used as little as possible, only for towing, but its very nice Yuasa battery went flat. A battery charger was connected but after a while clicking noises were heard. With the benefit of hindsight this would have been the superlocking motors kicking in. I didn't even know it could do that! Looking on the bright side allegedly the P38 with its "Octopus" anti-theft system is far worse. This is in fact the new way for cars to break-down and my Peugeot 406 has done this as well. Unfortunately some bozo must have replaced the steering lock then discarded the old keys. Result the steering lock key will only open the doors electronically. Two dead cars as a result of plip trouble.

Take care!