Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension rebuild time

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 04:16 PM
Winching
Received 204 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by NVDiscovery
Just about to redo my shocks and springs. Staying with stock height. Does anyone know how much firmer the LR HD 7 seater springs are? And what spring should I use up front. My shocks are the Bilstein HD. Oh, and should I replace the front spring seats while I'm at it or re-use the OEM units? Thanks!
Same question I'm struggling with...

Are the genuine rear HS7 springs slightly firmer/rated for more weight than standard HS springs? On Rimmer Bros now about to place an order.

Decided to keep it all genuine LR and got all new bushings for everything under the truck and I'm having them pressed in - I'll do the install.

After all of this, hopefully good for another 200K!

Old 10-13-2022, 08:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

In my experience with Rimmer Brothers they want to know the color coding on your springs for direct replacement. Like you, I wanted the OEM SE7 springs but Rimmer was not helpful. I ended up buying the AB springs that work for all trucks. My guess is that they are stiffer to accommodate the 7 seat variants. Installed with the Bilstein HD shocks, I like the set up as I don't need a lift for my use.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:26 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you check the parts manual you can figure out the color coding/part numbers for the LR Springs and order them.

Parts Manual Link Here

I have a factory winch so I was able to figure out what the part number for the HD front springs is.

I ordered everything from LRDirect.com and got everything for good prices with fast shipping.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:01 PM
Winching
Received 204 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by NVDiscovery
In my experience with Rimmer Brothers they want to know the color coding on your springs for direct replacement. Like you, I wanted the OEM SE7 springs but Rimmer was not helpful. I ended up buying the AB springs that work for all trucks. My guess is that they are stiffer to accommodate the 7 seat variants. Installed with the Bilstein HD shocks, I like the set up as I don't need a lift for my use.
Yep. Spoke w Rimmer Bros this am. Not helpful at all. Just looking for good quality, stock height and ride with medium duty rears to avoid sagging when loaded.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Luna
Yep. Spoke w Rimmer Bros this am. Not helpful at all. Just looking for good quality, stock height and ride with medium duty rears to avoid sagging when loaded.
This is what I found in the link I posted above for what you need:

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RKB000330

Shows the colors too.