Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swaybar disconnects or remove swaybars altogether?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
every vehicle I've been in with the front sway bar out was VERY sloppy on the road..I suggest disconnects for the front and taking out the rear unless you plan on towing with it
Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Some day you will buy a new MAF and remember this warning. As just mentioned they are terribly dirty filters, allowing way too much dirt into the engine.
Ok no big deal Ill buy a paper filter, i just left the kn because it was in it when I bought it, but the disco wasn't taken off road before.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go. Cheaper. Good stuff still. For 175 you get both front and back. life is good.
http://store.hicountryoffroad.com/Di...Rear_p_18.html

Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by bikingteacher
Here you go. Cheaper. Good stuff still. For 175 you get both front and back. life is good.
http://store.hicountryoffroad.com/Di...Rear_p_18.html
Thanks I may need those. It still seems like a lot for disconnects, but maybe I'm being cheap.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by DiscoWest
Thanks I may need those. It still seems like a lot for disconnects, but maybe I'm being cheap.
Have you crawled under there? Those are not small bolts, and if they are fully extended they are pulling some pretty good load! I still feel the pain of $175 too.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by bikingteacher
Have you crawled under there? Those are not small bolts, and if they are fully extended they are pulling some pretty good load! I still feel the pain of $175 too.
You're right the factory endlinks are heavy duty, nicely designed with the ball joints on each end, maybe I can modify them with cotter pins on the end to just disconnect those?

Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling

Have you seen these?
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/slickrockfab/
They look really nice.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Those ones from Slick Rock look just like JKS disconnects. I suggest removing the rear and keeping the front with some discos. Just always remember to disconnect when you are level, otherwise you will never get them back on or off.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I added 2" longer brake lines and removed my rear sway bar links. I'm not really happy with it. On the road and on logging roads at any speed it is very wavy kinda like an old cadillac. Long slow bounce. When i'm on rocks or going really slow at full articluation is is better but not by much.
I think i will look into finding or making my own sway bar links but longer. My truck has a 3"lift so my sway bar links should be 3" longer.
i'll hit you back when I've done it and tested it out.

As far as the front, Mine are still on and i'll be trying it with them off soon.

FYI, I am rubnbing HD Brit part springs and I have Ranch 9000 adjustable shocks.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I would just reinstall the rear sway bar, you don't really gain much articulation when taking it out because you still have the watts linkage binding on you. I removed my rear sway and have front sway disconnects, but the panhard rear conversion actually allows flex.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I would just reinstall the rear sway bar, you don't really gain much articulation when taking it out because you still have the watts linkage binding on you. I removed my rear sway and have front sway disconnects, but the panhard rear conversion actually allows flex.

Interesting topic. I've debated disconnecting the rears while heading out to the trails but assumed the watts would still bind. Truth? Will I gain any "more" articulation with the rear sways disconnected running TF HD's and +2" shocks?

Quick Reply: Swaybar disconnects or remove swaybars altogether?