Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you who have rebuilt your drive shafts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sigh. I'll be upside down in my car payment, but maybe that's the only way to go.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnelieseMae
Sigh. I'll be upside down in my car payment, but maybe that's the only way to go.
Thats one of the things that sucks about only having a car for a year or so before trading it in.
But you see where I am coming from.
Why spend $800 in repairs if you are only going to get another $800 in trade in value.
The numbers just dont add up.
It sucks but it is what it is.

On a good note though if you ever get Rover sick when ever you come home you can drive mine, and I wont even charge you.
I'll hand you the keys and you can bring her back when you are done.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Mudding

Without doing repairs, my truck in fair condition on kbb has a trade-in value of $8125, NADA has it at $8625 ($7175 for a rough trade-in, which I don't think this is). Edmunds had the lowest at $6900. I don't like Edmunds...haha.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

im yet to have any problems with my rebuilt... i have 11,000 miles on it and i grease it at every oil change. not sure about that KBB price. just cuz it says its worth that much doesnt mean in the world of hybrids and 4 cylinders that you will get that much. you can surely try though! personally i wouldn't give up on my Disco, because it has never given up on me....

Old 01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Mudding

I really do love driving my Disco. I've camped in it, and had some great adventures in it. Why does something always have to go wrong with it? I don't wanna drive a (cringe) sedan..sigh. I just can't afford to drive Irma...sad.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
im yet to have any problems with my rebuilt... i have 11,000 miles on it and i grease it at every oil change. not sure about that KBB price. just cuz it says its worth that much doesnt mean in the world of hybrids and 4 cylinders that you will get that much. you can surely try though! personally i wouldn't give up on my Disco, because it has never given up on me....
what parts did you use? Frankly, if I can get it rebuilt, fix the other stuff and pay it down a bit more before I give it the ol' trade in...I'd prefer to do that.

My Disco has given up on me a couple of times. Left me stranded while I was doing an archaeological survey, and now it gave up on me in Phoenix. I had to get AAA because of my Disco...sad.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You dont have to drive a sedan, get a Tacoma or a Frontier.
Or fix your driveshaft and let the rest go for now.
A working passenger power window is a non issue to me, as well as a non opening sunroof.
The door lock actuator yes.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Mudding

I won't do a Nissan...my friend has one and it's more expensive to fix than my Disco.

I wish I could afford a Tacoma...maybe if I find the right one, but right now all the desirable ones are still fairly expensive for a kid like me. Bah. Just wait til I get out of law school...then I'll be crying with all the debt I owe...

Old 01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Drifting

Great post as this is happening to my 2003 discovery right now. In fact it is also going on the block "for sale" when she comes back from the shop with a rebuilt driveshaft. It has been in the shop for about 3 days now cause the shop is having trouble with the center bearing. So far this month I have spent 1300 dollas in repairs with another 2k since january of 09. Kind of silly......

Old 01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Mudding

Did you finance it? I did. So I'm kinda stuck. Wish I could just sell it through craigslist, but not so sure that I'd get enough to pay my auto loan off...which means I wouldn't get the title to it until I did. I'd need to get at least 9,000 to pay it off. Maybe I would...hmmm.

EDITED: There is a 2003 Disco for sale in Scottsdale with 93000. Guess what's wrong with it? Passenger side window motor needs to be replaced (like mine). He has higher mileage (almost 30,000 more than mine)...maybe I could get $9000 for it to pay it off.
He's asking $9500

Last edited by AnnelieseMae; 01-04-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: adding info

Quick Reply: For those of you who have rebuilt your drive shafts...