Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing at Idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Timing at Idle

What timing adv are you seeing on your scangauge at Idle?

Old 07-17-2016, 04:52 AM
Mudding

Nobody?

Old 07-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Mudding

So nobody here has ever looked at their scan gauge or ultra gauge to see what the IGN timing is at Idle? Warmed up. I'm looking for what the baseline might be.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You could be patient and wait more than 5 hours for a reply. I have looked at it in the past, but don't remember then numbers at idle.

What's the emergency?

Are you looking for a cold/startup number, or a warm/stoplight number?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by squirt
You could be patient and wait more than 5 hours for a reply. I have looked at it in the past, but don't remember then numbers at idle.

What's the emergency?

Are you looking for a cold/startup number, or a warm/stoplight number?

And instead of criticizing me for not waiting long enough you could read that I asked for warmed up at idle. Also you could wait to post your reply until you have some useful information. I guess you're not really here to help?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 AM
TReK
Received 761 Likes on 629 Posts

squirt isn't the only person who had the same thought about being patient. There was very little activity across the entire forum over this past weekend. Maybe people were out driving their Land Rovers -- just a possibility.

As for waiting to post until someone has useful information... apparently that upsets you as well since you posted three times in less than one day on the same thread without any replies. I doubt very much that people are going to have this info at their fingertips, so you're essentially asking (not particularly kindly) for someone to go and do some research for you. That's likely to take a bit of time.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by mollusc
squirt isn't the only person who had the same thought about being patient. There was very little activity across the entire forum over this past weekend. Maybe people were out driving their Land Rovers -- just a possibility.

As for waiting to post until someone has useful information... apparently that upsets you as well since you posted three times in less than one day on the same thread without any replies. I doubt very much that people are going to have this info at their fingertips, so you're essentially asking (not particularly kindly) for someone to go and do some research for you. That's likely to take a bit of time.

Well I'll patiently wait for you to come back with some useful information then. It really amazes me that people will take the time to try and shame me for asking yet have nothing useful to add.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:11 PM
TReK
Received 761 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaggySE7
Well I'll patiently wait for you to come back with some useful information then.
I didn't say I was going to do anything about researching this.

It really amazes me that people will post the barest fragment of a question and then hardly wait before snarkily starting to bump their own posts as if they're owed a response.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

The amount of self-entiledness in this thread is too damn high.

Search for the Land Rover RAVE Service Manual

I suggest downloading the 590MB version so you don't miss anything.

Good luck with your search.

The following users liked this post:
mollusc (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by mollusc
I didn't say I was going to do anything about researching this.

It really amazes me that people will post the barest fragment of a question and then hardly wait before snarkily starting to bump their own posts as if they're owed a response.
What's truly amazing is that you can't take the time to be constructive and help me with the information I asked for, but you have all the time in the world to be critical.

I think my question is pretty straight forward. I know a lot of people on here have a scangauge or some other device connected to monitor things. I was just hoping that one of them would reply. But I just get snarky ******** like you replying to my question.

Thanks for nothing!

Quick Reply: Timing at Idle