Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

toddco suspensions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 04:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,137 Likes on 613 Posts

About 6 mos ago, I ordered something on the Toddco website. Took my money, got a confirmation automatically. After 4-5 weeks I realized the company didn't send what I'd ordered, with zero communication. I repeatedly emailed and contacted them with no response, politely and thinking it was an admin issue or backorder, etc. Eventually I got my money back (which means that a living human being must have been reading my notes and refunded) but there was never any communication, apology or otherwise.

I own a business myself and would never be this cavalier with my website or with customers.

Too bad because the products looked great. Total clown show operation.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:16 AM
Mudding
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanthro
Pretty much anything they sell is machined after you place your order. Prices and product are good, but delivery is exceedingly random. If they are busy, your item may not even be machined for a month, then add shipping time. If they have ho order product for you purchase, it can be even longer.
They are not very communicative, but have been around for more than a decade and people do eventually receive their orders.
It can be frustrating if you are looking for an item to arrive before an event, but they are more of a '' I'll get to that upgrade in six months or so'' rather than I need it now.
We’ve contacted our credit card company, filed a claim, and have received a refund. In my opinion that’s no way to do business. If they custom make pieces and it takes six months fine, however they should communicate that so the buyer is aware. Being able to put an item in a cart and pay for expedited shipping gives a certain impression of timeliness. As a military non-profit we strive to buy items and services made in the USA however will not support Toddco for their lack of professionalism.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:01 AM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sdjp
We’ve contacted our credit card company, filed a claim, and have received a refund. In my opinion that’s no way to do business. If they custom make pieces and it takes six months fine, however they should communicate that so the buyer is aware. Being able to put an item in a cart and pay for expedited shipping gives a certain impression of timeliness. As a military non-profit we strive to buy items and services made in the USA however will not support Toddco for their lack of professionalism.
I agree, their business would be much better if the engaged in even basic customer communication, but I doubt they will change as they have been like this for more than a decade.
If you have six months, and can stand their complete and utter lack of updates or communication, you'll eventually get a well made product, but it's frustrating.