Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control light question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control light question...

Unfortunately my Discovery didn't come with the owner's manual, so I have a pretty basic question. I recently took a rather sharp turn out of a drive way (Didn't have much room) and noticed that the traction control light came on briefly. This also happened when we brought our pups in for a routine Vet. visit. The driveway is very narrow and it's impossible to avoid the curb.

When going over things like this and perhaps other situations (slippery roads etc), is it normal for the orange TC light to pop on briefly? Does this simply mean that the TC is engaged?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't and indication of any severe problems with the TC system.

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cisco Kid
Unfortunately my Discovery didn't come with the owner's manual, so I have a pretty basic question. I recently took a rather sharp turn out of a drive way (Didn't have much room) and noticed that the traction control light came on briefly. This also happened when we brought our pups in for a routine Vet. visit. The driveway is very narrow and it's impossible to avoid the curb.

When going over things like this and perhaps other situations (slippery roads etc), is it normal for the orange TC light to pop on briefly? Does this simply mean that the TC is engaged?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't and indication of any severe problems with the TC system.

Thanks!
Exactly. The light comes on to let you know the TC is working to correct the slipping. Same thing will happen if you're driving up a slick hill, etc,..and loose traction.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Exactly. The light comes on to let you know the TC is working to correct the slipping. Same thing will happen if you're driving up a slick hill, etc,..and loose traction.
Cool, it's what I had assumed, but it was one of those "have to ask" questions haha.