Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission in limp mode, good bat. and xyz switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new alternator (finally). It works like a charm now. I also had a loose regulator wire, the small wire that goes to the back of the alternator.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Did your 758 code go away also?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Rock Crawling

Yep. The code went away and after I installed the new (salvage) alternator I checked voltage... 14.04 with all loads on.
I will be changing out the trans filter this weekend. There are no issues I just wanted to do some preventative maintenance

Old 10-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Rock Crawling

Well my disco was running great until the other day. The alternator I got was a used one that apparently didn't have a whole lot of life left. I went to start her up after work and had the same issues as before. I figured it was the alternator so I pulled it and had it tested, sure enough it was bad. I got a remanufactured from autozone (no time to wait for shipping). I installed the alternator and it didn't fix the problem. I checked voltage and everything was good to go. I cleaned the connection for the TCU and it workes for a day, then started going into limp mode again. My question: is it possible that this alternator from autozone is just garbage and I need to order one? Second question: is there anyway to check if my TCU is bad? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how did this end?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:19 AM

Does anybody know what the reading should be in ohms 4 the output shaft speed sensor?

Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by khuds308
Well my disco was running great until the other day. The alternator I got was a used one that apparently didn't have a whole lot of life left. I went to start her up after work and had the same issues as before. I figured it was the alternator so I pulled it and had it tested, sure enough it was bad. I got a remanufactured from autozone (no time to wait for shipping). I installed the alternator and it didn't fix the problem. I checked voltage and everything was good to go. I cleaned the connection for the TCU and it workes for a day, then started going into limp mode again. My question: is it possible that this alternator from autozone is just garbage and I need to order one? Second question: is there anyway to check if my TCU is bad? Thanks in advance.

hey what ended up happening here? We’re you able to get it fixed? I’m having same issues and reading all these threads for any and every little help possible

Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Meldav32

hey what ended up happening here? We’re you able to get it fixed? I’m having same issues and reading all these threads for any and every little help possible
The guy hasn't logged in here in nearly 5 years, doubt he still has it. When digging up old topics, best to click on posters name and go to his/her profile and see if they have been active on the board lately.

Brian.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:46 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by The Deputy
The guy hasn't logged in here in nearly 5 years, doubt he still has it. When digging up old topics, best to click on posters name and go to his/her profile and see if they have been active on the board lately.

Brian.

Darn, it’s so difficult for me to view stuff via mobile or maybe I’m just not Tech savvy lol idk either way they should totally make an app! Haha. I find posts that are super helpful yet the date is years old 😒

Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Meldav32

Darn, it’s so difficult for me to view stuff via mobile or maybe I’m just not Tech savvy lol idk either way they should totally make an app! Haha. I find posts that are super helpful yet the date is years old ��
These guys are mega helpful but without defect codes it's impossible to analyse the problems which limp home mode can be many things, about 10 I reckon, so beg, borrow or steal a good code analyser and checkout the defect codes. The if you post back on here someone will be along to help.

Quick Reply: transmission in limp mode, good bat. and xyz switch