Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission in limp mode, good bat. and xyz switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
These guys are mega helpful but without defect codes it's impossible to analyse the problems which limp home mode can be many things, about 10 I reckon, so beg, borrow or steal a good code analyser and checkout the defect codes. The if you post back on here someone will be along to help.
P1590

P0335

P0134

those were the codes I was given the last time, one I think is cps but I have replaced that and so where you think best place to buy a code reader at would be? And just any will work or no?

Old 02-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Meldav32

P1590

P0335

P0134

those were the codes I was given the last time, one I think is cps but I have replaced that and so where you think best place to buy a code reader at would be? And just any will work or no?
That's great. As for buying a code reader the guys in the US will tell you better as I reside in France but I use two, a Britpart Lynx and an Autel which are both have licences for various trucks and cars.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:58 AM

RAVE

https://discoii.files.wordpress.com/...hop_manual.pdf

The D2 Workshop Manual

I'm sorry but if even I can Google it and find it surely you can or you could use the forum search facility to find RAVE or even your exact problems directly as they have been covered before in multiple threads on here.

I'm sure this whole scenario is a windup on your part!, I may be wrong!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
RAVE

https://discoii.files.wordpress.com/...hop_manual.pdf

The D2 Workshop Manual

I'm sorry but if even I can Google it and find it surely you can or you could use the forum search facility to find RAVE or even your exact problems directly as they have been covered before in multiple threads on here.

I'm sure this whole scenario is a windup on your part!, I may be wrong!
I had it private messaged to me after I ask by a cpl ppl but yeah didn’t think to google and I view this site via mobile and idk thought didn’t cross my mind to search rave lol I’m honest won’t lie that’s why I said y’all can trash me for it sorry! Female here okay,...imma use that as my excuse... dumb blonde 😂 or maybe I was lazy for a moment and wanted to ask after the stupid cylinder defeated me ystrday. Either way my bad. Thank you. So rave is also aka test book?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meldav32

I had it private messaged to me after I ask by a cpl ppl but yeah didn’t think to google and I view this site via mobile and idk thought didn’t cross my mind to search rave lol I’m honest won’t lie that’s why I said y’all can trash me for it sorry! Female here okay,...imma use that as my excuse... dumb blonde �� or maybe I was lazy for a moment and wanted to ask after the stupid cylinder defeated me ystrday. Either way my bad. Thank you. So rave is also aka test book?
No, RAVE is just the official LR D2 works manual whilst Test Book is the computer system (devised by Omitec) for checking codes and testing LR's generally, it more like a diag testing tool but far more complex.

PS: there are numerous threads on the forum here regards limp home mode and many other faults provided you do a search in the forum search facility.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 02-26-2018 at 03:24 PM.