Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune Up Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbirdindustries
get some lucas injector cleaneer and clean the mass airflow sensor with crc maf cleaner. that will do your fuel mileage some justice. especially if its been a while. and flush cooling system.
First of all, I am a Lucas promotor, but not to clean the injectors, theirs is more of a maintance formula then a cleaner. Use a can of B&G's 44k, Seafoam or Techtron to clean it out good to start.
As for the MAF, do not try and clean one of our Bosch MAF's, you'll kill it.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on what mike said bg44k is the best i use it at my station and it works great just make sure you have a full tank of gas it is pretty strong stuff.And do not clean the maf or you will be buying a new one

Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eak69
First off - let me tell you how lucky we (the forum) is lucky enough to have a guy like Disco Mike!!! What a great guy!
as change the oil and filter.

I did a CarFax and I am the 4th owner - NOTHING major with the car - and the last owner drove it approx. 1200 miles in the last 30 months!!!

There are a few things that stick because of lack of use - but hell - I will get that on the 'honey do list' as well.

Thanks again for all the help (so far!!).

1200 miles in 30 months is a strong indication that it may not have been running at all very often during that time frame. Sitting around neglected is not good for these beasts.

Get it on a lift or get yourself a comfortable creeper and a good light.

I would highly recommend a thorough personal inspection of every system, paying particular attention underneath for leaks and corrosion especially. That will help populate you list.

Get to know her, just like a new girlfriend, explore her intimately, especially under her bottom. That will tell you a lot about where she's been.

Mine was rode hard and put up wet, and I am staying very busy with "refreshing" her. And it is going to take more than a mild female hygiene product to get her ready to take out dancing again.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez, Dan, get a room (or a parking garage) LOL

luck,greg

Old 04-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
1200 miles in 30 months is a strong indication that it may not have been running at all very often during that time frame. Sitting around neglected is not good for these beasts.

Get it on a lift or get yourself a comfortable creeper and a good light.

I would highly recommend a thorough personal inspection of every system, paying particular attention underneath for leaks and corrosion especially. That will help populate you list.

Get to know her, just like a new girlfriend, explore her intimately, especially under her bottom. That will tell you a lot about where she's been.

Mine was rode hard and put up wet, and I am staying very busy with "refreshing" her. And it is going to take more than a mild female hygiene product to get her ready to take out dancing again.
I agree.
Mine was treated like the lady she is so no STD's here.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
I agree.
Mine was treated like the lady she is so no STD's here.

Danny, you'd better make that a double

luck,greg

Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah - I am realizing that the problem that led it up to the sale was a faulty fan in between the grill and the radiator.

I know that is was disconnected, I know that the 40A fuse for the fan was blown, I know that the thermostat blew, and I just found out that after I remove the fan, it would not turn if it's life depended on it!!
I found a guy that is parting his Disco II and he is going to hook me up with a replacement one.... so hopefully that will help.

I did creep around under it a few days ago and it seems pretty clean. I can assume that all I want until I start checking things off of a 'check list' that I will put together.

This is an entirely different beast than what I am used to but am not afraid to get dirty.

Thanks for the input!!