Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Tone Hood and Roof

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brolome
Check out @connerclancy on instagram, he's got a white D2 with the blacked out hood. As for the white "Defender style" roof there is a guy who lives near me that had this done and it looks even worse in person. The pics above are a preview but let me just tell you: it don't look right.
I have a white 2000 D2 with a hood blackout. See link up-thread.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 849 Likes on 618 Posts

Maybe a vinyl roof?

Old 03-17-2017, 06:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brolome
Check out @connerclancy on instagram, he's got a white D2 with the blacked out hood. As for the white "Defender style" roof there is a guy who lives near me that had this done and it looks even worse in person. The pics above are a preview but let me just tell you: it don't look right.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll check him out. Quite the range of opinion on here. It seems to look good to me online but to really know I think I'll need to see one in real life

Old 03-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Maybe a vinyl roof?
Hadn't even considered a vinyl. On first look, probably not for me.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:36 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 849 Likes on 618 Posts

I was joking. I lived through the '70s. The only thing worse than the vinyl roofs was the fake wood grain.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2 Tone

Have not been on this forum in a long time! Funny this topic is up... living in Florida my clear coat went bad years ago starting in all flat surfaces. I initially painted the roof top with satin epoxy rattle can VHT paint but the paint chalked up and the clearcoat damage spreaded out past the covered areas. Then I painted the roof with black Plasti Dip which lasted 2 years. I liked the black look. The D2 stepped roof is unique. Now I find myself trying to decide if I paint it silver or black since I stripped it last week.

Linex wanted $900.00 to do it. I am not painting it with clear again since it sits in the sun 24/7. Thinking of using Raptor liner spray but in tinted factory silver or black. Have seen the YouTube videos. If all goes well I may do the rest if the body later in the year. I got a quote to spray the D2 in black for $2500.00. I can do it for about $300.00+
but right now only the top of the front fenders clearcoat is bad. No rush.
Plasti Dip
Plasti Dip
Before Plasti Dip with VHT Epoxy Satin rattle can paint.
Before Plasti Dip with VHT satin epoxy rattle can paint

Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

I have a white rover...but I still can't grasp that...I dont even think a black roof on a white Rover would look right.

I do think...a union jack symbol painted on the roof and hood would look fantastic in any color.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:37 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
I have a white rover...but I still can't grasp that...I dont even think a black roof on a white Rover would look right.

I do think...a union jack symbol painted on the roof and hood would look fantastic in any color.

Oh dear God..... NO!!

Old 03-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by shanechevelle

im not a huge fan of the Union Jack, but if you consider it, I would try a grey scale graphic in white, light grey, and charcoal.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
im not a huge fan of the Union Jack, but if you consider it, I would try a grey scale graphic in white, light grey, and charcoal.
am not going for the Union Jack, but have considered doing a gunmetal grey plasti-dip top on an Alveston Red rig. White is a no go for me, blacks too dark.

Quick Reply: Two Tone Hood and Roof