Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uhhh... three amigos help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uhhh... three amigos help

Well the other day i was driving through town and the three amigos decide to come on. They go off when you turn off the truck but when you start it and drive it about 5 minutes they come on. The truck seems like its getting a little worse MPG than it should. Also it feels like it is losing some power. I have tried bringing it to autozone to get it scanned but when i turn off the truck theyre gone, i guess i have to leave the truck running next time. I took it offroading i guess about 4 days ago, I thought i could've damaged something in that but I didnt really go through deep enough mud (6 inches maximum). The lights came on about 2 days later after offroading. Does anyone know what the problem could be? The truck is a 2002 discovery with 45k miles.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Mudding
Default RE: Uhhh... three amigos help

The scanner that the auto parts stores (autozone etc.) have is only for the OBII codes (or the engine codes that trip the check engine light). In order to get your three amigos codes read, you have to go to an independent dealer that has a laptop scanner. If they keep going off when you turn off the truck, then I would suggest that you wait until the lights remain on even after you go through a start/stop cycle. The abs sensors may just be dirty and are triggering a fault.

I actually am having a similar problem with my truck because I just got new pads and I believe there is alot of brake dust screwing stuff up in there.

These are also Mike's recommendations so I would bet the house on them.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Do a search on this and some of the other Rover forums, there are hundreds of posts. After you have read upo a little get back to us and then we can start getting technical with you.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Drifting

hmm..abs lights i persume, well you have to bring it to the dealer and have them check it out, see what the codes are, most likely is 4114 shuttle valve fault, about $1200 for updated replacement kit(part of the abs modulator) or you have a wheel speed sensor fault and need a sensor replacement, also abs wheel sensors do not get "dirty" they just stop reading signals needing replacement

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Mudding

Thanks for all the replies. Its not very easy for me to get to the dealer it takes over an hour to get there. But on the good side the truck is under warranty. The amigos havent came on again since the day i made this thread.