Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultragauge vs Scangauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ultragauge vs Scangauge

Just starting to look into these devices as an option to instal. As far as engine temp goes...are they accurate?

Which product is recommended?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Seeing more and more threads relating to these devices poping up all over the forum. Start your search with Spike.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Pretty accuate, see attached RAVE pages. And you will see more response than the gauge, which has additional "smoothing" program so that "nervous" owners are not constantly at the service department with temperature changes.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
D2 ECT.PDF (1.59 MB, 321 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you want a scanner to help with a set of codes, get a real scanner instead of something that looks cool on the dash, you will pay less and get alot more help when you need it.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
If you want a scanner to help with a set of codes, get a real scanner instead of something that looks cool on the dash, you will pay less and get alot more help when you need it.
Not true, the Ultra-Gauge not only gives you ALL of the data your ECU gets in real time it also gives you trouble codes as well as clears them when you need to.
It will also show you pending codes and you can set alarms to give you a heads up for potential problems or for whatever you want, like engine temp.
You can program it to set off a alarm if your engine temps gets above a temp you set.
And it is under $80 after the rebate.

I would get the Ultra-Gauge, it is cheaper than the Scangauge, has a better mount system and better read out in my opinion.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/ro...a-gauge-44097/

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

having reaserched this and taking advice from spike555 I recently bought the ultragauge em and it has arrived today so will be fitting it tomorrow. First impressons is that it is a very technical and capable tool. The only bit that I'm not looking forward to is it telling me how poor my MPG is, or to be more honest telling SWMBO how poor it is....lol

Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as i don't splurge in Seattle tomorrow, ordering an ultra-guage.
thanks for the info Spike.
jon

Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by G Reeves
having reaserched this and taking advice from spike555 I recently bought the ultragauge em and it has arrived today so will be fitting it tomorrow. First impressons is that it is a very technical and capable tool. The only bit that I'm not looking forward to is it telling me how poor my MPG is, or to be more honest telling SWMBO how poor it is....lol
LOL!!!
It is surprisingly accurate with the MPG, I have the MPG Tracker app on my iPhone and my Ultra-Gauge is right there with what the app says my average MPG is.
I am also surprised at how much the engine temp fluctuates in the cooler weather while driving.
I can watch all 4 O2's working at the same time, MAF, TPS%...its cool and useful.
It is a PIA to set up but worth it.
I took my laptop out to the truck to enter the numbers onto the web site to set it up.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
LOL!!!
It is surprisingly accurate with the MPG, I have the MPG Tracker app on my iPhone and my Ultra-Gauge is right there with what the app says my average MPG is.
I am also surprised at how much the engine temp fluctuates in the cooler weather while driving.
I can watch all 4 O2's working at the same time, MAF, TPS%...its cool and useful.
It is a PIA to set up but worth it.
I took my laptop out to the truck to enter the numbers onto the web site to set it up.
Could you prepare a sticky for the installation and programing of the UltraGauge? Would be greatly appreciated. I'm ordering one next week.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had an Ultragauge for quite some time now, and I'm very happy with it. It soothes my temperature paranoia when I'm in traffic jams, lets me know how awesome my gas mileage is, gives trouble codes, etc.

TRIARII: Installation includes plugging it into your OBD port. Nothing else to it.

Quick Reply: Ultragauge vs Scangauge