Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT ASSIST: Front hub nut

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

This thread is amazingly retarded.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by chicane
Ok he got the nuts off and then, I don't know how located the new nuts in the center console of my truck (i told them to just put the old ones back on), installed the new nuts and indented the safety detent.

Can I back these out and reuse?
Yeah just screw it on and hit that one piece with a punch or something

Old 07-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Ok he got the nuts off and then, I don't know how located the new nuts in the center console of my truck (i told them to just put the old ones back on), installed the new nuts and indented the safety detent.

Can I back these out and reuse?
So like I said, after beating on the nut with a tinker toy k mart breaker bar like a farmer for a while, you took the car to a guy with a 1/2 inch gun and he took the nuts off in 2 seconds. But you didn't tell him to just leave them semi loose, so he put the new nuts on and you drove away. And now your butthurt that he put the new nuts on and staked them. What are you even trying to do?

Old 07-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I don't consider Rover enthusiasts helping other enthusiasts as retarded but maybe you can go *** yourself and then you can refine your definition of retarded.
That's funny. I gave you the idea to take it to a guy with the right tools who took the nuts off in 5 seconds. You say you are sick of your truck, and its a pain in the *** and your going to rant about it, but i think the main problem with your truck is that your an *** hole.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Who said anything taking 2 seconds to take off the nuts, munch?
He had to heat it, then "persuaded" it, then impacted with a monster air wrench.

The only thing that would make me butt hurt is if I worked at a bullsh!t shop like this then went around telling people I was a Master Rover Tech:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/5+...e276a9!6m1!1e1
Actually, I own that bullsh!t 4 bay 4 lift 50 parking spot business. That picture is one corner of my shop. I work on mainly land rovers, and German cars. Where do you work? Wallmart? I have been working on land rovers since 2001. I was a master rover tech in 2006. I have forgotten more about your truck than you will ever know about your truck. I have never had a problem getting an axle nut off ever. not once. The only thing he "heated" was his coffee, and he "persuaded" more money out of your wallet. Then he took off both axle nuts in 5 seconds. BTW what are you doing, that you need to take the axle nuts off? ABS sensor? Hub?

Old 07-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Actually, I own that bullsh!t 4 bay 4 lift 50 parking spot business. That picture is one corner of my shop. I work on mainly land rovers, and German cars. Where do you work? Wallmart? I have been working on land rovers since 2001. I was a master rover tech in 2006. I have forgotten more about your truck than you will ever know about your truck. I have never had a problem getting an axle nut off ever. not once. The only thing he "heated" was his coffee, and he "persuaded" more money out of your wallet. Then he took off both axle nuts in 5 seconds. BTW what are you doing, that you need to take the axle nuts off? ABS sensor? Hub?
Chris, you really gotta calm down man.
i understand where you are coming from. but it aint worth it.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Dear munch;

In case you haven't noticed this is a Enthusiast/DIY forum for Rovers NOT a professional mechanics forum. If you find the discussions here too sophomoric or pedestrian for your tastes may I suggest that you go to a pro forum where your, ahem, knowledge will be welcomed. And actually he didn't charge me anything, great guy.

By the way I work in IT and make more money than you can dream about (without breaking my back). This is a H O B B Y, understand?

I'll sum it up for you so that even a Jersey boy like you can understand. I can do what you do, YOU cannot do what I do.
OK so what your saying is you don't want pros on the forums? That's retarded. I posted the reply that actually worked. You told me to go f myself. Dude, I really don't care what you do for a living, I was just bringing to light that it's definitely not working on cars. In 1994 I beta tested Netscape .90. My first actual job was It work. I worked at AT&T Holmdel alpha testing the first voip and voice recognition integration. So I know a little bit about IT. I don't want to sit in a cube all day and have to deal with nerds, that's why I work on on cars. I have a whole shop where I can build turbo diesel whatever I want whenever I want. Why the hell would i ever want to do what you do?

Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I thought you guys would have been bff after the college years.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

when one cheater bar fails/ get another one! took me a few hours to do the hub for the first time.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

well at least you left your shorts and shirt on

Quick Reply: URGENT ASSIST: Front hub nut