Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve Cover Gaskets and Fun Time (Intake Spacers)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by User
If it made it into your cylinder... you must have been juggling it in your hands.

Worst case scenario it is in the rocker area and it falls to the oil pan, and comes out when you either reseal it or do an oil change. It won't get sucked back into the engine, there is a mesh.

The stick? If I'm thinking where you stuck the camera, that's a valve lol

To remove anything from the engine I bought a little grabber thing, I'll have to see if I can grab a photo if you'd like. It's like one of those claw machines we used to play with as kids for a quarter.
This is where I'm working. And yeah after getting a camera that fits, it is a valve lol. I’m like intermediate with engines, I know what does what (for the most part) but not exactly where it all is. Anyway good news, my camera came with a magnetic tip and i was able to get it out and after inspecting all the other “inlet?” holes, no sign of another spacer down there. My plan is to turn over the engine with a wrench and make sure it cycles smoothly before it all goes back together. I just need to know which way to spin it lol. Can anyone tell me which way to spin the crankshaft pulley? Clockwise or counter?

Last edited by Old Bertha; 03-14-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

I checked mine today, they are magnetic. Hopefully you can find them. Do you know the HG history? Ever been changed? If not, wouldn't be a bad idea to do them, probably less than 30k left in them at 110k. If they have, well, your call. Good luck.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
I checked mine today, they are magnetic. Hopefully you can find them. Do you know the HG history? Ever been changed? If not, wouldn't be a bad idea to do them, probably less than 30k left in them at 110k. If they have, well, your call. Good luck.
No idea on any history of this vehicle other than the 2 years I've had it, it has been running strong and reliable. I maybe do 10k miles a year so I'll hold off on those. I have the problem almost sorted at this point. I have one spacer on the way from the dealer for $10, and the other in my hand, and one missing, but not anywhere in the engine that can cause damage. I'm going to confirm this tomorrow when I turn the engine with a wrench and inspect the cylinders from the spark plug holes. After I'm sure, it will all go back together and we'll fire her up. Fingers crossed. Thanks everybody for the help!