Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty

Anyone know about great lakes extended warranties? I see they offer unlimited mileage. Are they legit???

Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: warranty

They are one of the companies underwritten by Warranties 4 Wheels, which is a legitimate company, so I assume Great Lakes is legit.

I enquired with Warranties 4 Wheels about an extended on a 99 Disco, and Great Lakes was the company with the best rates.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I have an extended warranty that I bought while my truck was still in factory warranty. I am concerned about any company that will write a truck out of warranty, what are they really covering? Having been a service writer and manager for nearly 30 years, I have seen way to many " Extended warrantys" that wern't worth the paper they were written on.
If you are thinking about buyinga policy, get some written info on the company and take it by your dealer or shop and see what they say about them.
Mike

Old 02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Overlanding

Good advice Mike.

I intend to do just that before further considering Warranty 4 Wheels $2100/ 4 year policy.

Craig

Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Overlanding

DiscoIImurf what are the stats of your rover. I just got a quote from warranty4wheels and they said $2750.00 for 4yr/75,000 miles through ROYAL(OEM plan). This is on my 03 land rover Discovery/SE with 35,000 miles! My dealer warranty is good until June 27th and i still havent gotten a quote for extending my warranty through them.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Overlanding
Default DISCOMIKE?

Discomike who is your warranty through?
I would love to know if you ponied up for the dealer extended warranty. my disco is under warranty until June 27th and would like to know what rout you went?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DISCOMIKE?

I stopped at the Rover dealer on my 03 Disco with 28K my warranty expires inOCT 08 ... I asked about getting the Landrover "Certified" type warranty ... The one shop quoted me $2100 to Rover PLUS any parts needed to bring it up to "standards"...The Writer stated that I might as well count on at MINIMUM pads/rotors/calipers/4 Wheel Alignment/Tune up parts/he even stated I might need four tires... At that point I figured that any of those parts would be additional labor to install them too ... I'd spend $4k minimum for an aditional 25K miles...
One of the local dealers sells Great lakes Warranty they quoted me 4years for $2100...

This is from AAAuto Warranty
"2003 Landrover DISCOVERY 50000 Miles
Ohio

Gas
AWD4WD

Plan : Buyers Choice Premier
Term : 48 Month(s) or 98000 miles on odometer
Standard Deductible: $100

Plan Cost : $1,925.00

Additional options available with this plan you might be interested in:

$50 Deductible : $155

Easy Payment Plan Options:
12 Month Financed: $481.25 down $137.96 monthly Standard Price:
$2,136.75
6 Month Financed: $481.25 down $275.92 monthly Discounted Price:
$2,136.75
Pay in Full - Discounted Price : $1,925.00"

Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Overlanding

hey there fellow rovers.
I have a dilema myself, perhaps one of you expirienced soulds could help.
I purchased a 03' LR Discovery HSE7 with 58,000 Miles from a chrysler/jeep dealer back in December. After settling on a price and signing all the paperwork they mentioned at the end that they could not
offer a warranty for the vehicle but that they were going to "shop around" for me to get the best deal on an "extendend warranty". I was so excited with my new truck I said ok to everything that sales man said. After about a month I got a call that I was to bring the truck for inspection by another dealer to get it under warranty. So I did and in another month got a booklet from NISSAN with an extended warranty plan. Called NISSAN QUALITY GUARD PLUS for 2 years. @ $2700. The vehicle had given me problems before but in those instances the dealer where I purchased it took care of the issues.
(even though they reappeared) Supposevly the truck was sent to LR and returned in good order. I however never got the LR work order or repair bill.
Now back to the warranty, The vehicle is doing the same things it had done before when the dealer fixed it. However they told me to contact my warranty company ( NISSAN )
NISSAN now states that they dont have the tools to diagnose a LR. So I have to take it to LR and pay out of pocket for the diognose. I think this is unfair...
Further more, the problems it has do not appear in the COVERED parts of the warranty booklet i recieved. Nor does it appear in the NOT COVERED PARTS section. The problems with it are as follows:
Leaking oil from engine cover, must be a gasket. Antifreeze occasionally decides to leak from the throttle body area. The ABS, TC, BRAKE, and HILL DECENT lights come on after a while of driving.
Parking sensors do not work. The warranty company NISSAN tells me that if the parts are covered they will pay for it but I have to pay out of pocker first. This is not fair at all, LR might ask about 3K to fix these issues and I dont have that kind of cash to pay and perhaps not even get reinbursed if NISSAN decides the repairs are not honorable. Any help will be greatly apreciated, as I have posted this in another section I hope to get a responce soon. I am going crazy!!!!
thank you for your time.