Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washer Reservoir Filler Neck

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:22 AM
|
Mudding
Default Washer Reservoir Filler Neck

Hello,

I'm getting a bunch of work done to my truck, one thing was swapping the washer fluid reservoir with the one in my parts truck as mine was cracked. I gave the good one to the body shop and they think they lost the filler neck.

I'm struggling to even find reference to the filler neck - I found reference in the RAVE to it in 84.10.03 step 3 but I can't find hardly anyone selling it, even with the reservoir! I found them together one place in the UK:

Discovery 2 Washer Bottle + Filler Neck to 3A DMB102970 | eBay

and I might have found just the neck in Australia:

Land Rover Discovery 2 Washer Bottle Neck | eBay

but it looks slightly different so I'm not sure.

I checked with Chip at AB on their roverparts site chat and he said they don't have it, but I found the reservoir and cap:

Windshield Washer Tank W/ H/L Washe (Genuine Part # DMB102970) - Land Rover wiper blades\washers from Atlantic British

Cap - Washer Bottle (Part # DMG10001L) - Land Rover wiper blades\washers from Atlantic British

I also found the diagram from Rovers North, however I don't even see the neck on it:

Rovers North - The Source for Classic Land Rover Parts - Windscreen Wipers, Washers

What's up with this?!?

Also, I'm going to be having DiscoMike's front bumper design fabricated locally so I guess I could relocate the reservoir...what's the deal there?

Mike - did you relocate yours?

Thanks everybody! Have a great day!

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:27 AM
TReK

If all you need is the filler neck, shoot me an email. I have plenty of them and can hook you up with one cheap.
Cheers,
Paul

Old 07-12-2012 | 03:14 PM
|
Mudding

Thanks Paul - just emailed you!

So why are these not available? I don't get it.

I also need a rear licence plate mount, I guess:

License Plate Bracket (Genuine Part # DRB100390) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

as mine is broken...any solutions there guys? Also does it just screw in directly or do I need my rear cargo door panel off too (for bolts or whatever...)?

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2012 | 03:45 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by collector87

I also need a rear licence plate mount, I guess:

License Plate Bracket (Genuine Part # DRB100390) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

as mine is broken...any solutions there guys? Also does it just screw in directly or do I need my rear cargo door panel off too (for bolts or whatever...)?

Thanks!
I just bought a universal license plate holder from either auto zone or walmart... can't remember. But it was cheap and works just the same. ($10 maybe)

There are screws right in the door to screw into if I remember right.

Old 07-16-2012 | 07:25 AM
|
Mudding

I'll check on the licence plate bracket - thanks!

Anybody know why they don't sell these filler necks new? Just seems so weird.

Paul has a neck for me, but the shipping to Canada is a challenge - are there any other options here? What's the deal with moving the reservoir?

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2012 | 09:13 PM
Rock Crawling

I'll check on the licence plate bracket - thanks!

Anybody know why they don't sell these filler necks new? Just seems so weird.

Paul has a neck for me, but the shipping to Canada is a challenge - are there any other options here? What's the deal with moving the reservoir?

Thanks!
I think I have one and I am in NB. Will check in the am but am heading to Fundy before lunch.
I have a 2000 SE7 for parts if you need other stuff. Let me know.

Old 07-17-2012 | 05:23 AM
Rock Crawling

Ya, I have the filler neck and the tank but am leaving in a couple hrs. Your welcome to the parts if you want them. Just let me know.

Old 07-17-2012 | 10:09 AM
|
Mudding

toad2, thanks! That's awesome - perhaps you could PM me with your contact info when you're back? I would definitely do that! The worst thing about buying stuff is the shipping - Paul's price was excellent but the shipping just kills it.

I also have a 2000 SE7 for parts (there's actually nothing wrong with it though), however the body shop lost the filler neck off my parts truck that I was replacing as mine was cracked. We should keep in touch for bulk parts ordering and sharing part's truck items in the future if you're interested. Awesome!

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling

toad2, thanks! That's awesome - perhaps you could PM me with your contact info when you're back? I would definitely do that! The worst thing about buying stuff is the shipping - Paul's price was excellent but the shipping just kills it.

I also have a 2000 SE7 for parts (there's actually nothing wrong with it though), however the body shop lost the filler neck off my parts truck that I was replacing as mine was cracked. We should keep in touch for bulk parts ordering and sharing part's truck items in the future if you're interested. Awesome!

I'll pm ya.

Old 07-21-2012 | 10:26 PM
Rock Crawling

You can also use a pvc pipe. Mine got cracked in an accident and pvc fits tight and snug against the rubber fitting going into the tank. Another fitting for the top and something that fits in and tightens when you screw the nut. If you go that route, drill a small hole close to the top through the side so it can breathe.