Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak from driver's seatbelt area

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak from driver's seatbelt area

I am really trying to love my truck..I had a leak from the rear A/C roof vents area since taking ownership 4 years ago. Last summer I had the headliner off to get it reupholstered. Did find the right side drain tube for the sunroof missing. I would think there would be a huge leak with no drain tube there, but anyways, I replaced the tube. Had a water hose running on roof over the rails and sunroof for about 1 hr. Not a drip of water anywhere. Installed newly updated roof headliner. Come winter I noticed during heavy rain storm with the truck parked the rear vents by the tail gate would have water coming out. So I siliconed the rear sunroof shut. Intermittingly I found water still leaking once a while. So just last week I siliconed the seal around the sunroof. The truck was parked inside the garage but I did drive it in the rain this morning (our first storm here in N. Calif), no problems, parked vehicle in front of my shop. Took out for lunch found water leaking from my seatbelt pillar area, wth? No leak from the rear-good. Any ideas where the water leak may be from. Sometimes I truly feel it would be easier to own a Toyota . Its getting very hard to keep defending why I keep my truck, not to mention last year I replaced the motor with a used unit due to overheat and knocking noise. The only good thing from that was, this replacement has no leaks, crazy.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Front sunroof drain hose leaking, sunroof leaking or factory roof bar leaking around the front bolt that attaches it to the truck.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply..It was all good 2 years ago so don't understand how the drain can break all of a sudden. Damn truck arrgh...