Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak passenger side - please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

If heater core it will smell like anti freeze in addition to being hot. But this time of year, just look under truck while idling in the parking lot with AC on. Should be two water spots from condensate drains, about at fire wall. Note: if you see a third puddle, in the center line of truck, at the nose of the engine, you'll be changing the water pump. BTDT .

Ditto on the dry out the carpets and pad, maybe even some dilute bleach spray or Lysol to kill off any mold that has started to grow - microscopic but stinky.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I can reach without lift or jack stands...

I have to clear mine at least twice a year. It's tight, but I can get under the truck without lifting it and drain the lines.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the trim off by the door and lift up the carpet. Cut a piece of wood and prop up the carpet. At night keep the passenger door open and use a fan for a couple of nights. I use small clear plastic vacuum line from a mercedes to clear at the drains, just twisted it gently up the drains and take a bath.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Overlanding

Wow you guys kick serious a$$...Finally got her up on ramps and I found the little nipple almost immediately. I had to tell my gf I squeezed someone else's nipple today and it wasn't herssss.

But really thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it. I have a feeling that is going to do the trick because my shirt was completely wet and so was the driveway and man what a nasty smell.

Again, I can't thank you all enough, you saved me some serious headaches and possibly getting sick from it.

Now I just can't wait for football to start tonight. GO PACK!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a direct link to those a/c drainage line pics? I don't have a membership on that forum. I keep meaning to do that one of these days

I have/had a leak where I'd notice a small 3 inch or so wide puddle on the rubber floor mat on the pass side, that was dripping from behind the bottom cover under the glovebox thats held on by those black plastic pin/bolts that pop out. I never found where the water was comming from but I black rtv'd the main harness entry boot where the wires come from the engine bay through the firewall, and under the piece where the plastic meets the bottom of the windshield that was loose and flappy. Haven't had water in thier since, so I'm not sure which was the culprit. I have a few extra wires going through the firewall hole that dont allow the rubber gromet to fit anymore for my cameras, ham+cb radios... so I'm leaning towards that being the main entry point. Check those too spots too, but if its smelly or hot, probably have to do with ac or heatercore as they said, but just incase those turn out ok.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:52 AM
4wd Low

I think this is exactly what is happening to mine too - I live in Florida so its hot and super humid and everytime i run the AC it completely soaks my passenger side floor. Its water, not coolant or anything and is SUPER FRUSTRATING.

I will try and find and clear out these drains but might need a little help.

Thanks again guys for all the great info!
Aaron