Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waterless coolant

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
A vehicle that is not driven much, but needs to run with minimum maintenance (like museum cars, a once a year change the high light bulbs articulated lift, a Zodiac Rigid Hull Infalatable SOLAS boat with Volvo diesel and sealed coolant to sea water heat exchanger) - could benefit from the coolant. But Rover won't want to run hotter.

Dgosh28 - the sloshing sound is under dash is air in the coolant (which you should bleed out ). If it keeps coming back you have a leak (loss of coolant, like around a clamp). Or it can be exhaust gas from a blown head gasket. The auto parts stores sell / loan a chemical test that changes color if exhaust gas is in the coolant.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I will pick that kit up and test it. If I remember correctly the sound went away after a few minutes yesterday, but I am not 100% certain since i only remember hearing in when the engine is cold. I really need to find a LR Indy here to have the truck inspected before I drive it too much. the problem is, all the ones i have read about online are inside the loop and I am in Copperfield.
I will be curious to see what my coolant level is this morning. I drove the truck to work yesterday and put about 75 miles on it. I think I will leave it parked today though since I was unable to get the drive shaft checked yesterday and the sticking ignition has me worried a bit.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Dgosh28 - how about start a new thread so we can keep your issues in anothe rplace, and also check out https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ock-fix-35422/ .

Another thing about the waterless coolant.... the celebrity has a fleet that stays parked. Very nice. Now there are other places that have fleets, like Penske, FedEX, UPS, etc. The big trucking companies have slim profit margins, and always are testing things to get that next .01% increase in performance, maintainability, MPG. I'd feel more comfortable seeing it widely used in large fleets as an accepted practice. That does not mean the product does not work in a niche market now. But it would mean that it works in arduous real world conditions like taxi cab service (soccer mom milk run), heavy traffic (afternoon commute), etc. Working well on a morning drive up the coast highway in Carmel is not much of a challenge for a guy that can buy any home he passes.