Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird trouble codes for my disco... Dunno what they are... Any help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Weird trouble codes for my disco... Dunno what they are... Any help please

A little background to start things off. I recently replaced all 4 O2 sensors about 4-6 months ago. Everything was going just fine until recently. My CEL came on and its throwing P0150 and P1174. I know thats bank 2 sensor 1. Everything on that O2 reads just fine. I hooked the voltage reader up to it and its pulsing at the same as all the other O2's. With that, I am using a program/application named Torque for Androids. I have a bluetooth OBD-II reader constantly hooked up to my port and it relays data in live time back to my phone. The fuel trim for 1x2 and 2x2 are reading at 99.2 consistently. However, the 1x1 and 2x1 (which is the same O2 throwing the code) are reading very weak and sometimes dip into the negative...

Last, through this program, it allows you to read and clear fault codes. Check out the list of codes below and let me know if you all know anything about these please..

C1001
C3400
C3457

**Generally, the codes start with "P" and have the 4 numbers after**

IM STUMPED GUYS and very frustrated on top of that!

I'm at a loss of where to start and wondering if ANYONE can shed some light on my little situation at hand....

It would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, the letter in from is usually a P - for powertrain. You can also get a B for body, a U for network, or a C for chassis. As the next digit is not a 0 these must be manufacturer specific codes - unfortunately RAVE is no help. You may need a dealer to decipher the codes.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

did you address the 150 and the 1174? do you have an exhaust leak? did you check the manifold bolts to make sure they are tight?

the C1001 is a Land Rover specific reserved code the C3XXX i have no idea what they are.

if i were you i would tackle the 150 and 1174 then clear the codes do a drive cycle and wait for the CEL to come back.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default whats next??

I replaced the O2 sensors and that cleared the p0150. The 1174 however didn't resolve. I'm not sure where to start on that on, obvious place would be the Mass air. I guess I will tr cleaning it for that worked in the pass, but I know a lot of you are against that, but it worked once, why not giveit one last go. Moving forward, is there anything else I can do before going to the MAF?
From a previous post, I will check the exaust and make sure its tight, but as of now it doesn't run rough or sound like its leaking...

Y'alls wisdom and help is always greatly appreciated.

Very best regards,

Last edited by Shane83; 12-10-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the maf would cause a 1174. 1174's are usually some type of air leak. (vacuum leak) intake gaskets, vacuum lines, breather, something letting unmetered air into the engine. The first thing I would do is go buy a can of starting fluid or two. Start your engine while it's cold and start spraying your vacuum lines, connections, manifold gaskets, anything and everything. You'll hear the engine rev up if you spray a leaking vac line or gasket. You should beable to spray that whole motor and not hear it rev up unless you accidentally spray your air filter. Try it with a cold engine then try it with a hot engine. If you don't find anything you need to keep in mind that a faulty injector or fuel pressure regulator could cause this code.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You would be throwing more codes if the MAF was bad. you ahve some kind of loose clamp or crack in the intake causing a leak.