Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast British

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Coast British

Hello all, has anyone taken their vehicle to this shop in Livermore, Ca? I am tired of throwing parts at my 03 Disco motor. The ticking noise is still there after I had already had the oil pressure checked, new rod bearings installed, lifters replaced..engine still ticks and actually worse now. I had a very nice conversation with the owner today and will more than likely pay him to diagnose my issue, maybe even have him fix it. If I truly have a slipped liner than I will have to plan for that.
There is a big difference on people who repairs these trucks and someone who is an enthusiasts and has passion for these trucks. I get tired of hearing people say these trucks are pieces of sh*t, they are not fixable, etc..I even get these comments from m own guys that I employ at my shop. I have read a lot of posts that states the 4.6 motor doesn't have the slipping liner issue, this is why I haven't given up on the this motor yet.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will tell my 2003 that it doesn't have a slipped liner issue
The liner slipped and banged a neat O in the head.
You put new lifters on an old cam?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going that far out of your way, go all the way to San Francisco and take it to Philippe at Roverland SF. There is no better Rover shop in the area - period. He is factory trained and works on all the old and new models. I've been to many local shops and none match his for quality and honesty of the diagnosis. He and his wife run the business and when you arrive it is like ascending to Land Rover heaven.

I know them well and can give you details and a reference...PM me if you are interested.

Other than that, perhaps you should live with the ticking. My 04 has a tick that comes and goes based on if I park facing uphill or not, the weather, the type of oil i use, whether I have run a fuel system cleaning additive. Each Rover is unique.

Dave