Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wet Carpet

checked both my a/c drains, nothing cam out when I squeezed the nipple. also inserted a small wire to see if clogged, only inserted a couple of inches and still nothing came out. I presume they are not clogged? onto the sunroof drains, where should I look?

I also am in the process of airing out the carpet, smelled a bit musty this morning.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The drains were just a quick rule out. I think you have to drop the headlines to access the sunroof drains. I have an SD, so no sunroofs, sorry.

You can unscrew the side holders in the door jambs and lift up the carpet. Might have to pull the seats too. Throw a couple of bricke in there to hold the carpet up. Should dry out nicely with no smell... I drove through flood waters and leaked into the doors. This process got mine dried out with no smell...

Old 01-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, like I said prior I had checked the a/c drains and did not seemed to be clogged, Last night we got heavy down poors so I thought it would be a good time to check for sun roof drain leak. Headliner not wet at all, no visible leak from door seal or windshield (dry). However, drivers side floor soaked 'again'. Question: where does the sunroof drain exit the vehicle? could it be possible that it is draining out back into the floor board and not leaking from the headliner? also, floor only wet about 3-4" inwards from door jam. ???