Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet floorboard on 02 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet floorboard on 02 Disco

I have an 02 Disco and the passenger side floor board is wet. I have moved the mat on that side to the back seat and it dried up some but is still damp.

Husband initially thought it might be antifreeze, but it doesn't smell. I think it's just water.

Also, my the back cargo area leaks when I go through the car wash. I've cleaned all the seals and it still does that. Just pours in the back.

I don't think the two are related. Any ideas?

Also I'm positive my Disco was wrecked at one time, but I don't know how bad. It's not that noticeable but there are a few little things that don't add up, like a Westminster edition without a brush guard. Carfax is clean.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Wet floorboard on 02 Disco

Wet floor-Your drain tube for the A/C is blocked, you have to crawl under the trk to clean it.There are other posts on here with others having the same problem. There is also a pic of what to look for in another post. It was posted in the last couple of days so just go back page by page until you find it.

Carwash-I assume that you have sunroofs, your drain tube to your rear sunroof is clogged. This is alittle more involved to clear it, you have to use either a really long pipe cleaner or compressed air. Open the sunroof and you will find a drain hole somewhere around the base of the sunroof. Clean the front one too.

Carfax will not show everything, only things that are reported. If all that you are questioning is the brushbar, somebody could have easily removed it for any number of reasons.
If you take it to a body shop you can have them look the trk over and they can tell if it was in a wreck.
Hope this helps.