Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has myspace/facebook pages?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: who has myspace/facebook pages?

uh, you gotta tell me your last name or email address for me to add you....

Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use my myspace to talk to my cousin stationed in afghanistan and the rest of my family and friends since i travel so much for work... it helped out a lot when i used to be a promoter for a couple night clubs in new orleans... its waaay easier to make a digital flyer and post it to 3000 people than print 3000 regular ones and stick them on cars... its a great concept that has been blown way out of proportion and abused to the point i rarely use it... i know people who have made pages for their newborn babies, pets, cars... just stupidity... anyway if you wanna find me on the space look for "rabbit"...

Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Winching

to everyone who is bitching about myspace - tough sh*t. it is (along with facebook) the most commonly used tool for me as a military member to keep in contact with my family when i am deployed. so that alone makes it worthwhile. at least to me. but i agree with you guys about it being used for stupid stuff. i was merely trying to have another way to keep in touch with some of the friends that i have made on this forum and get trip info out to you guys.
but nevermind, you guys bitched to much for my taste about this one...

pilsner out

Old 02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont think anybody is bitching about myspace. You want to use it great, it just is not for everybody thats all.
When my friend is deployed he and I e-mail. When he is state side we talk on the phone.
I personally dont have the time/energy to build/maintain/check/care about a myspace page.
Each to their own.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilsner

to everyone who is bitching about myspace - tough sh*t. it is (along with facebook) the most commonly used tool for me as a military member to keep in contact with my family when i am deployed. so that alone makes it worthwhile. at least to me. but i agree with you guys about it being used for stupid stuff. i was merely trying to have another way to keep in touch with some of the friends that i have made on this forum and get trip info out to you guys.
but nevermind, you guys bitched to much for my taste about this one...

pilsner out

You know, I think a cool way to keep in touch is to make a Facebook group for Land Rover Forums Users. Just an idea, i'll create it if anyone is interested.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Winching

im way interested provided that we can come up with some type of geographically divided grouping - no sense in getting a post about a mt rainer rover trip if you live in maine if you know what i mean.

i am very willing to help on this if help is needed.
let me know.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll look into creating a group on Facebook tomorrow. I'm not sure if you can geographically divide the event postings but I've never tried, so thats something we will have to find out. Either way it would be cool to have a group to send out formal events, that way everyone interested could get invites, because on here some people never see the posts or dont read them.

Ill keep everyone posted on this.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree and if anyone wants them I have both

http://www.myspace.com/cneubert4

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...mp;ref=profile

Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I think having a Facebook to keep people informed of stuff going on is a great idea. Spike doesn't have time for Facebook or myspace but has found time for over 6500 posts on here. Ironic. I have been able to keep in touch with friends and family on myspace and Facebook.
Tom's Facebook Page
Tom's Crazy World

Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spike doesn't have time for Facebook or myspace but has found time for over 6500 posts on here. Ironic.
[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

A LR group on FB sounds like a great idea. I joined FB recently and don't spend much time on it, but it allowed me to get back in touch with some people from college. I happened to add my wedding pictures this weekend though which took quite some time, but it is nice to be able to share that with friends that were not able to be present. The best part is that I can look at my FB on my iPhone! Can't somebody create an "app" of this forum for the iPhone?? That would be really sweet!

Quick Reply: who has myspace/facebook pages?