Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is lrsilver2001 banned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013 | 11:35 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I know, but it's better than saying that he got you too upset and you banned him.
Aaaaaannnndddddd...here we go!

Old 01-23-2013 | 11:41 PM
Camel Trophy

here we go with what? It's what happened, Army was upset with things drew said to him so he banned him.

Old 01-24-2013 | 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Most people on here have thick skins, including moderators. To ban a moderator takes a lot more than some name calling. Army acted properly and I would have done the same.

Old 01-24-2013 | 12:45 AM
Camel Trophy

He wasn't a moderator when he was banned.

Old 01-24-2013 | 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

You may infer then that events while he was a moderator were at issue. I would certainly expect the same treatment were I to follow his path.

Old 01-24-2013 | 06:58 AM
Winching
Default drink it up...

He wasn't a moderator when he was banned.
This was a very simple situation. Drew / Sliver lied and when busted, he acted the fool. He misrepresented his ties to a company selling driveshafts. Who knows in the long run if Pro-Shaft will suffer for it. When confronted by people with far more technical knowledge and experience he continued his lies. If you were being realistic, it would be clear he dug his own hole. He was a pretend vendor and a moderator who edited / deleted the legitimate questions about "his" drive shafts. I will go ahead and guess you don't support that kind of censorship.

Were it not for some self-serving editing, deleting of threads and threats to ban someone if they didn't back off he would have continuted his lies for a little longer. That all happened within two days of being granted moderator status by THE Mike.

ZGPhoto... you go right ahead and lash your cart to that dead horse. Silver screwed himself and you continue to drink his Kool-Aid. Not a wise choice sir.

Old 01-24-2013 | 06:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I dont have a dog in this fight but, from what I have read this situation seemed to have been handled poorly by both sides. This silver fellow should have been stripped of being a moderator based on his comments and actions and he obviously did not have a clue about driveshafts but, him as a member I did not feel he hit some threshold of deserving being banned. Unless I missed something or it got deleted before I read it. What is the threshold for a member getting banned as official policy?

Old 01-24-2013 | 07:09 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
This was a very simple situation. Drew / Sliver lied and when busted, he acted the fool. He misrepresented his ties to a company selling driveshafts. Who knows in the long run if Pro-Shaft will suffer for it. When confronted by people with far more technical knowledge and experience he continued his lies. If you were being realistic, it would be clear he dug his own hole. He was a pretend vendor and a moderator who edited / deleted the legitimate questions about "his" drive shafts. I will go ahead and guess you don't support that kind of censorship.

Were it not for some self-serving editing, deleting of threads and threats to ban someone if they didn't back off he would have continuted his lies for a little longer. That all happened within two days of being granted moderator status by THE Mike.

ZGPhoto... you go right ahead and lash your cart to that dead horse. Silver screwed himself and you continue to drink his Kool-Aid. Not a wise choice sir.
Stop drinking the D-Web koolaid, where in this thread am I lashing my cart to Drew? I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that. I didn't say ANYWHERE that he should not have been banned. If I were an admin I probably never would have made a vendor a moderator in the first place.

Old 01-24-2013 | 07:15 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by 94svt50
I dont have a dog in this fight but, from what I have read this situation seemed to have been handled poorly by both sides.
The only thing handled poorly by the site was making him a moderator in the first place.

The things he said as a moderator in a thread I can only assume he deleted, were completely off the wall and in fact contrary to the site rules.
If someone doesn't like the rules of a forum they should either lobby for them to be changed ("I want to be able to call people douche nozzles and butt pirates") or find another forum where that's allowed.
Instead, he decided it was appropriate to just ignore the rules even as a moderator.
That speaks volumes about his character, completely aside from his lack of knowledge and lying about something that was supposedly his.
Why anyone would want an obvious liar on the forum is beyond me.

Last edited by antichrist; 01-24-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2013 | 07:21 AM
Baja

I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that.
That's not how it came across to me. There really wasn't anything to indicate it was a joke. I've fallen in to that trap myself.

Quick Reply: why is lrsilver2001 banned?