Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is lrsilver2001 banned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013 | 07:27 AM
|
Winching

okay thanks for the answers, all the drive shaft issues a side he was very helpful and will be missed.

Old 01-24-2013 | 07:28 AM
Camel Trophy

Well then, blame it on my broken sarcasm font.

Old 01-24-2013 | 07:53 AM
Winching

Now that is a good idea... We should use it. "politics" = hahaha

The trouble with sarcasm in the written form is how easily misunderstood you can become.

So......

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I said "politics" as a joke, and then simply stated facts after that.
Originally Posted by ArmyRover
That's not it.
I know, but it's better than saying that he got you too upset and you banned him.
Is the word FACTS sarcastic too? Because the last quote is not fact as you say. Oh well, nevermind. Have a wonderful day!

Old 01-24-2013 | 08:08 AM
Camel Trophy

How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this. Aldous, please chill with the attitude as you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Old 01-24-2013 | 08:53 AM
Winching
Default Waste of time

How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this. Aldous, please chill with the attitude as you have no reason to get your panties in a bunch.
You are quite the provocative sort aren't you? Attitude? Panties? You specifically stated that Bill (ARMYROVER) banned Drew because he was "upset" which is not true.

Did I attack you or merely point out your misrepresentation of "facts"? You can attempt to draw me into your childish schoolyard game but you will fail. It is obtuse, whiney characters and liars who have made this forum the butt of many jokes and ridicule. You lent support to a liar, hence my cart to dead horse comment you did not understand.

Zack, I realize you, as a sub-contracted photographer, do not formally represent Rovers North in these forums but I doubt they would appreciate any type of combative remarks or comments about attitudes or bunched up panties to one of their customers from one of their "employees". As you have publicly commented previously about your ties to Rovers North, maybe you are the one who should "chill" as you suggested.

bye-bye little birdie

Last edited by Cosmic88; 01-24-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2013 | 09:19 AM
Baja

How is it not a fact? Drew did and said things that got him banned. I've spoken with him privately regarding this.
Wait a minute. You said he was banned because because of things he said to ArmyRover. ArmyRover said that wasn't the case. I haven't seen any posts of Drew's to ArmyRover that would get him banned
I can only assume when you spoke with Drew he told you he said something to ArmyRover in private and got banned.
So basically you're saying you're taking the word of a proven liar over someone who conceivably could be lying, though I seriously doubt ArmyRover is, based on Drew's public actions on this forum. That seems a very odd position to take.

However, if you're changing your statement to just, Drew did and said things that got him banned then yeah, and deservedly so.

Old 01-24-2013 | 09:45 AM
Camel Trophy

Aldous, your attitude and actions have lost you things in the past. Yet you continue to be condescending as if I'm somehow beneath you in character and status. You claim to not want to be dragged into this schoolyard game, but that is exactly what you are doing.

Tom-
ArmyRover claimed "that's not it" to my "politics" comment, not to the upsetting comments.
Drew may be a proven liar, but he has been equally helpful on here as well as gone beyond the forum to help people in need. He had done much more good than harm to this forum, so yes, I am taking his side. I am not however saying he should not have been banned, he knows his actions got him banned, as do I.

Last edited by ZGPhoto; 01-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2013 | 09:51 AM
Administrator

It was decided by the office to start up Drew as a moderator, I informed him of this and asked they we get together in a day or so, cause I had the flu, and I would go over his duties and how to access the Moderator section when needed.
He never called and over that week he started doing and saying things that were not appropriate.
It was decided to not follow thru with bring Drew on so I brought Bill on as the 3rd. man.
He has been a moderator for a long time on the LRO and acted in my behalf during the time I was sick. As you all know things were being said, threads and posts were being deleted all in order to cover up Drew's Issues with the drive line shop. It got out of hand and while I was still fighting the flu, Bill did what he knew he had to do and deleted Drew.
That is the long and short of it

Old 01-24-2013 | 10:03 AM
Camel Trophy

He was a tool and acted like a tool and now he's gone. Too bad, so sad.
Sometimes even grown adults need to be reprimanded when they get out of hand. I'd be willing to bet that if he manned up and apologized to DM/LRF for acting like a tool he'd probably be reinstated. At least on a double secret probation level.
Everybody screws up and in the land of the interwebs people tend to develop keyboard muscles. They say things they normally wouldn't say and act out of character. I have no problem forgiving and moving on, but the offender has to be genuine and show remorse.

Old 01-24-2013 | 10:24 AM
Winching

Aldous, your attitude and actions have lost you things in the past. Yet you continue to be condescending as if I'm somehow beneath you in character and status. You claim to not want to be dragged into this schoolyard game, but that is exactly what you are doing.
Pretty much what I expected from a 23 year old kid... that, by-the-way, is the very first condescending thing I have typed in this interaction with you.

Quick Reply: why is lrsilver2001 banned?