Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is lrsilver2001 banned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My two cents / experience with LRsilver.

The day before he got banned I started talking to him here about a front prop. When he got banned I sent a private message to the head honcho here and was given LR's number.

I called LR and he returned my call that night. Let me tell you that the guy had lied to me here in the forum and continue to lie about his involvement / experience with driveshafts and the company he was representing.

He also shared with me some other comments about the forum here and what happened to him... his side of the story. He mentioned many of the users who have commented on this thread so far and let me tell each and everyone here, I would not trust that guy with anything. He is very immature and really needs a good kick in the ****. The things he thought about doing to this forum as a super moderator was unacceptable and it's a good thing he didn' go through with it.

Shortly after that, I spoke directly with Justin of ProShaft via emails and it was then that Justin found out what was happening both here in the forum and off of it in phone conversations. From that point, Justin did what was best and got on here to do some damage control and I personally think he did a great job.

After talking with Justin, LR called me over six times in one day. I didn't answer as I would have tore him a new... well you know!

In any case, I am sure LR is here with a new name reading all of this which is okay, I hope he learns something.

He really did get what he deserved in my eyes and I don't even know all of what happened with other senior members here. I did get some of the story from him but I don't believe much of what he said.

Again, my two cents!

** oh and ZG, you were really the only one he had a lot of good to say about. Then agian, the good came across as being jealous of your job position with Rovers North.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is the propshaft I got was a good one. It's well built and I expect it to last.

As for lrsilver, well... I had a good experience with him, but I saw him lash out at far too many people. And he lied. A lot from the sounds of it. I don't know for sure, I was taking a bit of an unplanned hiatus from the forums, so I wasn't around, but from what I've heard things with him were pretty shady.

I was duped. I thought he might be honest and reputable, but turns out I was wrong.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wreck - good to hear about the drive shaft, mine just crossed the border so I should have it next week sometime.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Rock Crawling

GURU -

It really does look nice and robust. It doesn't vibrate at all or anything. It actually looks more heavy duty than the front drive shaft I had built for my lifted 1979 3/4 ton Chevy.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

side by side photos would be nice.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Rock Crawling

I should have done that when I had the original shaft out. Now it's in a scrap heap somewhere.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

lies are inexcusable
do not want people who lie in my kife or on this board
so if that was the case then justice was served

Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
side by side photos would be nice.
If weather permits today then I will take side by side pics of the stock shaft and Justins.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I can tell you what photos will show. A 1310 propshaft it larger than the stock 1300 propshaft.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Here's some photos.
Name:  KBPoBQS.png
Views: 7
Size:  503 Bytes

Quick Reply: why is lrsilver2001 banned?