Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XD series discovery

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default XD series discovery

I'm looking at a 97 xd discovery, it seems like it's in good shape, has 150k and owner wants 4500$ for it, I was thinking about offering 4000$, is this a good deal, i could live without the yellow. It has everything it seems excep the roof rack.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
I'm looking at a 97 xd discovery, it seems like it's in good shape, has 150k and owner wants 4500$ for it, I was thinking about offering 4000$, is this a good deal, i could live without the yellow. It has everything it seems excep the roof rack.
The XD only comes in yellow and is a limited edition so 99.9% of those you'll find for sale will be offered at a premium price. Don't pay that much unless you are specifically wanting the XD....it sounds like you are not, so pass.

That said...yellow Disco's are the best (see my pictures )

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 04-21-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Pro Wrench

They look pretty sweet, but then they are kinda yellow, and I don't get why cloth?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
They look pretty sweet, but then they are kinda yellow, and I don't get why cloth?
Yeah, I do have my days when I think "I can't believe I bought a yellow truck".....but I've wanted either and XD and then Kalahari as long as I've wanted a Rover. It's just a little more unique....but yeah VERY YELLOW

Not sure about the interior on the XD but I assume it's the same as what's in my Kalahari, "Black Duragrain with Tetra technical fabric"...It's not waterproof (at least not anymore) and it stains easily....I'm not crazy about it but it is pretty tough and I feel better about throwing dirty camping gear on it than I would nice creamy leather.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a friend in the local Rover club FPLRG that has a Navy Blue 99 SD1.

I really like it. The Navy Blue looks great. That Bus Yellow is a bit on the loud side.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Winching

I for one love the yellow and would have killed (almost) to get my hands on one. Yellow is my favorite color. I am thinking about having yellow added to my solid black rover on the sides up to the trim and on the hood (opposite of the black out look). I want to do that in yellow rhino liner. Keep rocking the short bus man! I love it!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
TReK
Default yellow yellow everywhere!

I'll be blacking out my rims this summer, and want to eventually do the black stripe down the side. Just need to find someone that lives close to me that has an SD rack that I can steal in the middle of the night!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Winching

Will def look smooth ylo. Those are some sweet rigs in those pics. Don't bother trying to steal my rack in the middle of the night. I don't have one. And when I do it will probably be stolen from some poor yuppie LR owner who wouldn't appreciate it anyway! LOL.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII

I'll be blacking out my rims this summer, and want to eventually do the black stripe down the side. Just need to find someone that lives close to me that has an SD rack that I can steal in the middle of the night!

Looks TOO GOOD MAN!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Pro Wrench

I offered him 4000$ and he is considering it.
I forgot to mention he says it needs new front shocks.
What throws me off is the color and the cloth seats, I mean I like it but then ehh.

What do yall think? 4000$ needs front shocks.

Quick Reply: XD series discovery