Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

2016 Disco Sport Camshaft & Crankshaft Sensor Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 06:03 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Disco Sport Camshaft & Crankshaft Sensor Issues...

My 2016 Disco Sport struggled to start the other day but did actually start. Once it did I noticed the check engine light. Assumed it was just gona be sum misfires when I hooked up the ODB but I actually got all these codes...P0011: "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1
P0016: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
P0017: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
P052A: Cold Start "A" Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced Bank 1
P0341: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single
Sensor
P228F: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Learning Limits - Too High
​​​​​P228C:
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure Too Low

I just barely bought this car 6 months ago. Ive only put 3000 miles on it. When I got the car I purchased it with an extended warranty thru Veritas Protection. I've called acouple local Rover mechanic shops and they both said "with codes like that you should take it to a Land Rover Dealer" - I'm assuming that's not a good thing. I called the closest Jaguar Dealership and was told they were changing ownership and need to get situated first and would call me back in a day or two. I called them yesterday. Haven't got a call me today yet but still just wanted to see what you guys would say about this. I'm hoping whatever my car needs to get fixed is all covered under this warranty cuz if it ain't I'm really gona have a hard time paying for just about anything cuz money is super tight right now. Is this a timing issue? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Old 10-09-2021, 05:01 PM
4wd High

Did this problem ever get diagnosed or fixed? I have a similar problem post 9/29/21 but no replies and find the car runs good once started. Cold starts are slow and make a banging noise on top of engine.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:09 PM
2nd Gear

Same thing happened to my 2016 Discovery Sport, I didn't know what the error code was until it was too late. Driving down the Highway with a small trailer (500 lbs) and all of a sudden car throttle was unresponsive lights were still on but the engine was dead. Pulled over and took it in to my mechanic who had informed me that it was error code p0016 and once he did research on the code for the make and model he found this technical service bulletin from Land Rover. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...05744-9340.pdf

About $4,500 dollars later it works but has some major issues now with new problems occurring often. Hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Alone1
My 2016 Disco Sport struggled to start the other day but did actually start. Once it did I noticed the check engine light. Assumed it was just gona be sum misfires when I hooked up the ODB but I actually got all these codes...P0011: "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1
P0016: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
P0017: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
P052A: Cold Start "A" Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced Bank 1
P0341: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single
Sensor
P228F: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Learning Limits - Too High
​​​​​P228C:
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure Too Low

I just barely bought this car 6 months ago. Ive only put 3000 miles on it. When I got the car I purchased it with an extended warranty thru Veritas Protection. I've called acouple local Rover mechanic shops and they both said "with codes like that you should take it to a Land Rover Dealer" - I'm assuming that's not a good thing. I called the closest Jaguar Dealership and was told they were changing ownership and need to get situated first and would call me back in a day or two. I called them yesterday. Haven't got a call me today yet but still just wanted to see what you guys would say about this. I'm hoping whatever my car needs to get fixed is all covered under this warranty cuz if it ain't I'm really gona have a hard time paying for just about anything cuz money is super tight right now. Is this a timing issue? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks
This is more than likely bad cam phasers my wife’s 2016 disco sport 2.0 engine threw the same codes. I changed all sensors correlating to the codes with no success. While I was changing the VVT valves I noticed one of the cam phasers were missing an oil relief valve( small little plug on the cam phaser itself). This caused that phaser to lose all oil pressure. So I have to do cam phasers and timing chain.