Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Adaptive speed limiter option

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive speed limiter option

Hi everyone,
First post on here so excited to be a member and hopefully contribute in the future.
I have an '18 disco sport and I see an option for the adaptive speed limiter but I cannot check the option to switch it on (it is greyed out).
I have the speed sign recognition option so I am wondering if this is a software option or I need additional hardware to switch this on.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Many thanks
Andrew.

Old 04-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is greyed out also and I was wondering the same thing. It works from the steering wheel control. Perhaps you aren't allowed to change it from the menu, but only from the steering wheel?

Old 04-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by asteng88
I have an '18 disco sport and I see an option for the adaptive speed limiter but I cannot check the option to switch it on (it is greyed out).
I played with the Adaptive Speed Limiter quite a bit the last couple of days and really like it. I did discover that the Adaptive Speed Limiter menu option in the Driver Aid menu is greyed out if the Speed Limiter/Adaptive Speed Limiter is not active. If you press the LIM button the Speed Limiter icon will show up on your dash in a grey color. You can press and hold Cancel for a couple of seconds and it will switch to Adaptive Speed Limiter and the icon will change. You can also switch using the menu you found. If you press the LIM button and the Speed Limit icon shows up you can go to the menu and select the check box to change it to Adaptive Speed Limiter, you can uncheck it to switch it back to the basic Speed Limiter.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:05 AM
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stroh
I played with the Adaptive Speed Limiter quite a bit the last couple of days and really like it. I did discover that the Adaptive Speed Limiter menu option in the Driver Aid menu is greyed out if the Speed Limiter/Adaptive Speed Limiter is not active. If you press the LIM button the Speed Limiter icon will show up on your dash in a grey color. You can press and hold Cancel for a couple of seconds and it will switch to Adaptive Speed Limiter and the icon will change. You can also switch using the menu you found. If you press the LIM button and the Speed Limit icon shows up you can go to the menu and select the check box to change it to Adaptive Speed Limiter, you can uncheck it to switch it back to the basic Speed Limiter.
can anyone advise whether theASL can be permanently on- so that you do it need to activate every time you switch the ignition off

Old 02-16-2021, 03:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by garymaydon
can anyone advise whether theASL can be permanently on- so that you do it need to activate every time you switch the ignition off
I asked about that at the dealer and was advised it is not possible to default to on.