Forum Help & Suggestion Center This section is NOT for vehicle technical questions. This section is for problems or suggestions for the forum itself.

97 Disco 1 fuel delivery system issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 01:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Disco 1 fuel delivery system issue

Hey there,

I'm new, this is my first query on the forum, and I really need detailed information.

My Rover acted up a bit ago. Threw CAT codes and such. So, I replaced the catalytic converter. Had to have a shop weld the bank one sensor in a different location, as the factory converter was concave, where as this one was more convex. It didn't allow me the room requisite to clear the frame.

Done. ****ty weld, but other guy said "should be okay". He said I've a fuel delivery system issue. "One of the Pistons, #7 is misfiring"

I'll not cover what I've peeked at to get through this as quickly as possible.

It's doubtful to me the pump itself would be the issue.

She starts, using starting fluid on stubborn days. Getting her to remain idling can be a bear, and reaching a speed to or above 30-40 mph is nearly impossible.

She still smells gassy, the throttle body looks new, so too does the air filter (odd) the fuel filter (stock) all ignition coils tended to last summer, and fuses look good, indespite of a few of the copper ones having a bit of noble rust.

This is my horse for all intents and purposes. Without her, I'm dead in the water.

Can anyone give me details and locations of potential issues. I'm already down to my last dollar already (literally) and even though, I can fix an issue, diagnosis and finding the part in the engine can be sketchy.

Thank you all.