Forum Help & Suggestion Center This section is NOT for vehicle technical questions. This section is for problems or suggestions for the forum itself.

Any room left on LRF for a graphic editor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile Any room left on LRF for a graphic editor?

I'm very interested in the design aspects of this forum and would absolutely love to volunteer my free time to updating the layout themes colors and pictures on the main page. I have many good ideas and have experience with picture editing and some basic skills using html.

Not looking to be admin or anything, just think this forum could use a fresh new look and some minor highlights. I absolutely love this forum and would love to contribute to the community and all "guests".

If there is any room left please let me know. I can provide really good references as well if needed.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I think it's fine the way it is. I don't come here for the graphics and I can't imagine there's anyone who doesn't come here because it doesn't have a "fresh new look". And if they don't, well, I don't read the "Appearance" section anyway.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the moderators really need to give this guy a shot. Over the past few months he has been devoting a huge amount of effort into providing useful information into the forum, reward him for his efforts. He's volunteering, what's wrong with that?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by honda50r
He's volunteering, what's wrong with that?
Nothing, necessarily. On the other hand there's really nothing wrong with the level of graphics (if you ignore all the ads which I block anyway). This is an automotive technical forum, not a graphics forum or a business site for a multimedia company.
A tiny minority of web designers actually understand the difference. Based on web site progression on the internet, most any change to do with graphics will be for the worse, from a site usability perspective.
Web Pages That Suck - learn good web design by looking at bad web design - Home Page

Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Nothing, necessarily. On the other hand there's really nothing wrong with the level of graphics (if you ignore all the ads which I block anyway). This is an automotive technical forum, not a graphics forum or a business site for a multimedia company.
A tiny minority of web designers actually understand the difference. Based on web site progression on the internet, most any change to do with graphics will be for the worse, from a site usability perspective.
Web Pages That Suck - learn good web design by looking at bad web design - Home Page
Agreed, emphatically. Plus we can't always get the best internet connection, and a graphics-heavy website, (or even worse, heavy on the flash,) just slows things down to an unusable crawl.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

And we already have a bassackwards Rover decal on the top right corner... so Hummers can see what is about to pass them...

DM is the contact. The hosting site has like 300 different sites, most around a vehicle that has a following.