Forum Help & Suggestion Center This section is NOT for vehicle technical questions. This section is for problems or suggestions for the forum itself.

Please check the date of a thread before posting

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
It got moved because it was not D2 related & more Forum related Frank4.

As we explained it's not people just waking up old threads vs bots and the Forum itself auto loading related threads when viewing other threads.

Ok,Best4x4. I hate to be the one that breaks the news to the moderator of the forum but for all practical purposes landroverforums.com
is a Land Rover Discovery I and II forum ( the post #’s back that up) and the section the post was moved to is almost dead last in postings and views. Just wanted to point that out.

There is nothing about the search feature that would prevent anyone from seeing the date of a thread.

Last edited by Frank4; 11-23-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,244 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Subject wise your post is more Forum Help & Suggestion Center related vs Land Rover Discovery II related and that is why I moved it. Having that thread in the Discovery II section isn't going to resolve anything as it's not a problem with forum members or anything the members can honestly avoid (Heck it happened to me). It's a LRF issue and it's been around since the facelift to be honest.

Like I explained earlier the issue with old threads being revived has to do more with the auto related thread feature of the Forums itself or as ArmyRover mentioned bots vs individuals just posting to them for kicks. Whenever there is a bug related to the Forums we report it and it's usually taken care of. The last bug I remember was with the Engine Swap section and although the thread for the LS Engine Swap wasn't closed no ones new post would show up. It was reported and quickly repaired. On a any thread if you scroll down to reply "sometimes" it will auto load a related thread without you knowing it, and your reply will sometimes awake a 10 year old thread with your reply vs your reply going to the current thread you thought you were replying to. I have seen this happen more on mobile devices viewing the Full Site vs Mobile Site.

I did not just move your thread to hide it. I moved it keep the Discovery II Section clean, and to stick with Land Rover Discovery 99-04 questions and threads.

Last edited by Best4x4; 11-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Best4x4:
DakotaTravler (11-23-2020), TexasLandmark (11-23-2020)